- Platform information:
- Hardware: CPUArchitecture/RAM/storage
- OS: what OS is used and which version
- Java Runtime Environment: which java platform is used and what version
- openHAB version:
- Issue of the topic: please be detailed explaining your issue
- Please post configurations (if applicable):
- Items configuration related to the issue
- Sitemap configuration related to the issue
- Rules code related to the issue
- Services configuration related to the issue
- If logs where generated please post these here using code fences:
Running openHAB2 on Ubuntu Server with help from openHABian.
I found the correct serial port and installed my Aeon 5 Z wave device. It show online and find my outlets.
I turned my NUC off and moved it to the place I want it to be (in the closet without a screen, just power and ethernet).
Now when I connect to it, it says Offline all the time. The only thing that works is if i remove the controller in openHAB and re-add it. But if I do so every connection to my outlets is gone forever…
- Check what serial port of Aeon 5 Z wave device before you turn off NUC
- When you turn off and turn on NUC again, check serial port of Aeon 5 Z wave device at this time.
If the serial port before and after is different, it’ll make Z Wave controller offline
Thanks for the reply.
It´s the same port and I know it because if I remove the Z Wave controller in openHAB and re-add it with the same port, it works…
Z-Wave Binding version ? openHAB version ?
Try lastest version of Z-Wave Binding.
I tried reboot my openHAB and Z-Wave Controller still online.
I run openHAB 2.2.0 and Z-Wave Binding 2.3.0 SNAPSHOT ( I also use Aeon Z-Stick Gen 5 )
Try with these steps:
- Uninstall old Z-Wave Binding
- First, use this command in karaf console : feature:install openhab-transport-serial
- Download lasted version Z-Wave Binding and copy it to /usr/share/openhab2/addons/
- Add Z-Wave Controller Things and check.