Z-Wave Debug Message seems to indicate confusion among Door/Window Sensor Nodes


Have had a great time installing Openhab 1 and now upgrading to Openhab2. System works quite well with the exception of two Window/Door Sensors from AOTEC. They are showing up in my network as node 15 and node 9, but when neither of them seem to be relaying messages to Openhab.

After turning ion DEBUG mode, I see the following sequence of messages everytime either of these devices is triggered:

11:16:32.812 [DEBUG] [WaveSerialHandler$ZWaveReceiveThread] - Receive Message = 01 09 00 04 00 09 03 30 03 FF 34
11:16:32.812 [DEBUG] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Receive queue TAKE: Length=0
11:16:32.812 [DEBUG] [wave.internal.protocol.SerialMessage] - Assembled message buffer = 01 09 00 04 00 09 03 30 03 FF 34
11:16:32.813 [DEBUG] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Process Message = 01 09 00 04 00 09 03 30 03 FF 34
11:16:32.813 [DEBUG] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Message: class=ApplicationCommandHandler[0x04], type=Request[0x00], priority=High, dest=255, callback=0, payload=00 09 03 30 03 FF
11:16:32.813 [DEBUG] [ssage.ApplicationCommandMessageClass] - NODE 9: Application Command Request (ALIVE:DONE)
11:16:32.813 [DEBUG] [alization.ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer] - NODE 9: Starting initialisation from DONE
11:16:32.813 [DEBUG] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Event Listener org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.initialization.ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer@1550ce95 already registered
11:16:32.813 [DEBUG] [ssage.ApplicationCommandMessageClass] - NODE 9: Incoming command class SENSOR_BINARY
11:16:32.813 [DEBUG] [dclass.ZWaveBinarySensorCommandClass] - NODE 9: Received SENSOR_BINARY command V1
11:16:32.813 [DEBUG] [dclass.ZWaveBinarySensorCommandClass] - NODE 9: Sensor Binary report, type=Unknown, value=255
11:16:32.814 [DEBUG] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Notifying event listeners: ZWaveBinarySensorValueEvent
11:16:32.814 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 9: Got an event from Z-Wave network: ZWaveBinarySensorValueEvent
11:16:32.814 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 9: Got a value event from Z-Wave network, endpoint = 0, command class = SENSOR_BINARY, value = 255
11:16:32.814 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 9: Updating channel state zwave:device:15cc30da9d6:node9:sensor_binary to ON [OnOffType]
11:16:32.815 [DEBUG] [ssage.ApplicationCommandMessageClass] - NODE 3: Transaction not completed: node address inconsistent. lastSent=3, incoming=255

The ultimate outcome is that the transaction is not completed due to an inconsistent node address, but the strange thing is that these messages are from both NODE9 and NODE3, regardless of whether one or the other device is triggered.

I’m thinking there may be something additional I need to do in the naming convention of my things and nodes, but not quite sure what.

I pulled the lasted snapshot of the Z-wave add-on last night. All other devices (switches, bulbs, smart plugs) are working flawlessly.

Here is the list of my things:

zwave:serial_zstick:15cc30da9d6 (Type=Bridge, Status=ONLINE, Label=Z-Wave Serial Controller, Bridge=null)
zwave:device:15cc30da9d6:node15 (Type=Thing, Status=ONLINE, Label=Z-Wave Node 15: DWZWAVE2 Z-Wave Door/Window Sensor, Bridge=zwave:serial_zstick:15cc30da9d6)
zwave:device:15cc30da9d6:node11 (Type=Thing, Status=ONLINE, Label=Z-Wave Node 11: Ecolink PIR Z-Wave PIR Motion Sensor, Bridge=zwave:serial_zstick:15cc30da9d6)
zwave:device:15cc30da9d6:node9 (Type=Thing, Status=ONLINE, Label=Z-Wave Node 9: DWZWAVE2 Z-Wave Door/Window Sensor, Bridge=zwave:serial_zstick:15cc30da9d6)
zwave:device:15cc30da9d6:node4 (Type=Thing, Status=ONLINE, Label=Z-Wave Node 4: ZW1001 Smart Outlet, Bridge=zwave:serial_zstick:15cc30da9d6)
zwave:device:15cc30da9d6:node12 (Type=Thing, Status=ONLINE, Label=Z-Wave Node 12: ZW096 Smart Switch 6, Bridge=zwave:serial_zstick:15cc30da9d6)
zwave:device:15cc30da9d6:node7 (Type=Thing, Status=ONLINE, Label=Z-Wave Node 7: LB60Z-1 Dimmable LED Light Bulb, Bridge=zwave:serial_zstick:15cc30da9d6)
zwave:device:15cc30da9d6:node13 (Type=Thing, Status=ONLINE, Label=Z-Wave Node 13: ZW1001 Smart Outlet, Bridge=zwave:serial_zstick:15cc30da9d6)
zwave:device:15cc30da9d6:node3 (Type=Thing, Status=ONLINE, Label=Z-Wave Node 3: 45609 On/Off Relay Switch, Bridge=zwave:serial_zstick:15cc30da9d6)
exec:command:myscript (Type=Thing, Status=ONLINE, Label=Command, Bridge=null)

Here is the list of my links:

AudioState -> exec:command:myscript:output
ZWave_Switch2 -> zwave:device:15cc30da9d6:node3:switch_binary
ZWave_Receiver_Power -> zwave:device:15cc30da9d6:node12:meter_watts
ZWave_Motion -> zwave:device:15cc30da9d6:node11:sensor_binary
ZWave_Bulb1 -> zwave:device:15cc30da9d6:node7:switch_dimmer
ZWave_SecondDoor -> zwave:device:15cc30da9d6:node15:sensor_binary
ZWave_Switch1 -> zwave:device:15cc30da9d6:node4:switch_binary
ZWave_FrontDoor -> zwave:device:15cc30da9d6:node9:sensor_binary
ZWave_Receiver -> zwave:device:15cc30da9d6:node12:switch_binary
ZWave_Switch3 -> zwave:device:15cc30da9d6:node13:switch_binary

I fixed this by removing all of my smarthome:links and starting from scratch. The issue has gone away, and may have well had to do with an inconsistency between the nodes specified in my legacy items file (from Openhab1) and the nodes defined by adding the z:wave controller in Habmin. All works well now.