Z-Wave device 10002041-13X support

I’ll try to convert it to a PDF (maybe a mobile app?).

I’ll check it right now! Thank you!

Checking the comparision between the new device and the old one (Datasheet), it only differs with configuration 12. All other configurations should be the same.

Maybe the old entry must be updated too?

PDF scan of the manual: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eMWMVVo6O5UxAvwLXkogSTJopVak9FWs/view

Thanks. I added it and published the database entry.

That’s right. I’m guessing that your device is an older firmware version that doesn’t support parameter 12. The database entries probably should be reworked to differentiate by firmware version. From the node.xml file, your device is version 4. But I don’t know the version numbers of the other devices, and I don’t want to break things for others who have other firmware versions. That’s also why I didn’t add those parameters to the other database entry.

Once I loaded the modified version, an error apreared during the binding installation:

2019-01-25 13:54:42.917 [WARN ] [ig.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker] - The XML document '/ESH-INF/thing/simontech/10002041130_0_0.xml' in module 'org.openhab.binding.zwave' could not be parsed:  : ParseError at [row,col]:[195,31]

Message: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence. :  : ParseError at [row,col]:[195,31]

---- Debugging information ----

message             :  : ParseError at [row,col]:[195,31]

cause-exception     : com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.StreamException

cause-message       :  : ParseError at [row,col]:[195,31]

class               : org.eclipse.smarthome.config.core.ConfigDescriptionParameter

required-type       : org.eclipse.smarthome.config.core.ConfigDescriptionParameter

converter-type      : org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml.ConfigDescriptionParameterConverter

path                : /thing-descriptions/thing-type/config-description/parameter[14]/description

line number         : 195

class[1]            : java.util.ArrayList

converter-type[1]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter

class[2]            : org.eclipse.smarthome.config.core.ConfigDescription

converter-type[2]   : org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml.ConfigDescriptionConverter

class[3]            : org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.xml.internal.ThingTypeXmlResult

converter-type[3]   : org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.xml.internal.ThingTypeConverter

class[4]            : org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.xml.internal.ThingDescriptionList

converter-type[4]   : org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.xml.internal.ThingDescriptionConverter

version             : 1.4.7

-------------------------------

To fully work with OpenHAB 2.3.0 (Z-Wave binding 2.4.0 snapshot) I had to change the " character in lines 195 and 203 of your modified version. I don’t know if this problem is only with this binding version or also with the newst one (2.5.0).

@mhilbush did you find out time to check it and test if the error is just mine or not?

Thank you

The error above is coming from the framework, and I’m not sure what would’ve caused it. I don’t tweak the zwave jar file (I wait for it to be released), so I wouldn’t know when to start looking.

I just copied the xml from the database, so maybe a copy/paste format error… Let’s wait then until the next binding release.

Possibly. Sometimes the " gets replaced by a “. Not saying that that’s the case here.

I took a look at the database entry. There were a few “ characters that were copied over from the original database entry. I just edited the database entry to remove those.

1 Like