Z-wave device Logic group ZDB5100 not all configuration parameters is visible in habmin

Hi There,
I managed to update the zwave binding so I could get my ZDB5100 switch recognized in openhab.
I would like to change some of the parameters on the device from habmin, but it’s not all parameters that are visible in the ui of habmin.
I miss the following parameters that I know is described in the manual of ZDB5100:
parameter 14-19, 22-23, 25-26.
How can I get those parameters visible in habmin ??

Thanks for any help I can get.

They will need to be added to the database -:

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/1091

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-database-guide

1 Like

Thanks Chris,
I will have a look at adding them.

I opened a ticket on the site, patiently awaiting for rights to be able to edit the device in the database :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you still missing parameters for ZDB5100 ?

I created the entry of ZDB5100 in the database, so please let me know if anything is missing.

They will not see any changes until

1. Periodic database export to GitHub (usually weekly)
  2. Binding snapshot build uses the new database
  3. User installs the snapshot binding.
  4. User deletes (NOT exclude) & re-discovers the Thing

I just checked the entry in the database, and you are right, the parameters 14-19 is missing, I will add them.

The parameters 22-23 and 25-26 are ok, but has been marked as advanced, so they will only appear if you in select “Show Advanced settings” in the “Tools” drop down.

The parameters 14-19 has been added to the database, and the parameters 22-23 and 25-26 are no longer marked as advanced.

Please note @Bruce_Osborne comment about the availability of the database update.

1 Like

Hi

I’mt not trying to hijack this thread, but I’m having a few issues with my ZDB5100 - are you able to set the color of the LEDs from OH? I’m unable to do so running OH3, where there is not HABmin.
Also I cannot send push button commands from OH to the device through the push button state channel…is this a general issue with this device?

That is because you use the configuration tab for the Thing.

Thanks for taking an interest in my problem :slight_smile:
When I create the thing, one of the channels is a “color pushbutton X” channel. I have linked that channel to an item, and tried using that item to control the LED of a single button. I can see in the log that OH registers the change, but nothing happens on the device

the binding documentation tells you when things do not work as expected, to turn on DEBUG logging. Did you try that?

The log viewer may be helpful.

I have used the OH log viewer and set the binding in debug logging.
Is the Z-wave log viewer different than setting the binding to log level debug?

I have created another post where I’ve tried to describe everything in details:

The log viewer is just that - a viewer for the log to make it easier to interpret the zwave entries. It interprets the information in the log, but you still need to set the binding to debug logging level or the viewer will not show anything.

1 Like

I’ve set the binding to debug level.
The Zwave log viewer does not show much - only 2 entries.

22:16:12.769	4	
COMMAND RECEIVED zwave:device:dbf3a74e52:node4:color_color4 0,85,100 [HSBType]
22:21:38.226	4	
COMMAND RECEIVED zwave:device:dbf3a74e52:node4:color_color4 234,100,100 [HSBType]

OH log viewer says the following for the same entries:

2021-08-03 22:16:12.769 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 4: Command received zwave:device:dbf3a74e52:node4:color_color4 --> 0,85,100 [HSBType]
2021-08-03 22:16:12.770 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method 'ThingHandler.handleCommand()' on 'org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler@19373f6': null
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
	at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.converter.ZWaveColorConverter.receiveCommand(ZWaveColorConverter.java:138) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler.handleCommand(ZWaveThingHandler.java:1205) ~[?:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor72.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:154) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.core.internal.common.InvocationHandlerSync.invoke(InvocationHandlerSync.java:59) [bundleFile:?]
	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy555.handleCommand(Unknown Source) [?:?]
	at org.openhab.core.thing.internal.profiles.ProfileCallbackImpl.handleCommand(ProfileCallbackImpl.java:80) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.core.thing.internal.profiles.SystemDefaultProfile.onCommandFromItem(SystemDefaultProfile.java:48) [bundleFile:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor71.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:154) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:52) [bundleFile:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]

2021-08-03 22:21:38.226 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 4: Command received zwave:device:dbf3a74e52:node4:color_color4 --> 234,100,100 [HSBType]
2021-08-03 22:21:38.227 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method 'ThingHandler.handleCommand()' on 'org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler@19373f6': null
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
	at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.converter.ZWaveColorConverter.receiveCommand(ZWaveColorConverter.java:138) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler.handleCommand(ZWaveThingHandler.java:1205) ~[?:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor72.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.core.internal.common.InvocationHandlerSync.invoke(InvocationHandlerSync.java:59) [bundleFile:?]
	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy565.handleCommand(Unknown Source) [?:?]
	at org.openhab.core.thing.internal.profiles.ProfileCallbackImpl.handleCommand(ProfileCallbackImpl.java:80) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.core.thing.internal.profiles.SystemDefaultProfile.onCommandFromItem(SystemDefaultProfile.java:48) [bundleFile:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor71.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:52) [bundleFile:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]
==> /var/log/openhab/events.log <==
2021-08-03 22:21:38.219 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent      ] - Item 'ZWaveKokkenAfbryder_Colorpushbutton4' received command 234,100,100
2021-08-03 22:21:38.221 [INFO ] [penhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item 'ZWaveKokkenAfbryder_Colorpushbutton4' predicted to become 234,100,100
2021-08-03 22:21:38.225 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'ZWaveKokkenAfbryder_Colorpushbutton4' changed from 232,100,100 to 234,100,100

Well, the log you provided only has one line in it, so you shouldn’t expect to have much more showing in the log viewer :slight_smile:

I’m trying to work out what you are doing since you don’t seem to be sending a configuration command. I assume that the database was updated to include the extra configuration that was missing?

Please don’t assume anything, as I’m very new to Zwave :wink:
I’ve setup a fresh OH3.1 within the past month and with that I’ve started introducing zwave devices for the first time - dunno if that qualifies as an updated database?

If you are using 3.1, then you will have the database from a couple of months ago, but I guess since the changes requested above are from last year this should be fine and the parameters should therefore be available.

Given the short log you’ve provided I don’t see exactly what you’re doing though. It’s also hard to see what this exception is actually caused by - the only thing I can think of is that the initialisation is not complete?

I do think we’re probably well off topic though and maybe this should be discussed in a separate thread.

I’ve discovered the device, created the things that the device by default is setup for, and linked channels to items using the semantic model - just like I have done with other zwave devices.

I have created another thread, where I tried to describe the issue and some other that I have with the device in more detail, although the information with regards to this particular problem aren’t much better than what I have already provided, since my knowledge of Zwave and OH end with setting and viewing logs.
https://community.openhab.org/t/problem-with-configuration-and-control-of-logic-group-zdb-5100-matrix-zwave-device/124368/2

I’ll have a look at this again tomorrow - thanks for your time, I appreciate it!