Z-Wave Device Not in Database

I found a single version of a device I purchased in the database. I’m trying to get the Quad version in the database but I’m confused about the XML file?

The Single version is Jasco Products 34127/ZW5304 Solo Scene Remote
The Quad version is Jasco Products 34176/ZW5306 Quad Scene Remote

How does one find all the channel information necessary to build the XML file?

This is what I have so far. I’m unsure of the “thing-type id”, “manufacturerRef”, “dbReference”, and the channel sections. It seems to me that these need to be different in more than the label. Watching debugs has not yielded any insights so far.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<thing:thing-descriptions bindingId=“zwave”
xmlns:xsi=“http ://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance”
xmlns:thing=“https ://openhab.org/schemas/thing-description/v1.0.0”
xsi:schemaLocation=“https ://openhab.org/schemas/thing-description/v1.0.0
https ://openhab.org/schemas/thing-description/v1.0.0”>

34176/ZW5306 Quad Scene Remote <![CDATA[ Quad Scene Remote

Overview

No Hub Necessary – The remote allows you to create four scenes to control smart devices with or without a Z-Wave hub. It is able to directly pair with Z-Wave switches, dimmers, fan controls and more simple-setup home automation. Single- and dual-scene models – 34172 and 34174 – are also available for even more varied automation.

Scalable Automation – One-to-many or many-to-one configurations accommodate any need. Create a scene for up to 20 devices with one remote or use several remotes to control a single fixture. Universal compatibility allows the remote to pair with Z-Wave Plus and all previous Z-Wave generations.

Ideal Applications – Trigger actions of several devices to enjoy the comfort of knowing all of your lights are turned off when you leave the house or illuminate your whole home as soon as you arrive. Connecting multiple remotes to one fixture, lamp or fan instantly creates a multi-switch network for control from various locations.

Versatile Placement– Compact construction and two provided CR2032 batteries offer comfortable handheld operation for easy portability. The included unique magnetic adapter and rocker-style wallplate support wall-mount options. The remote can also be incorporated into existing switchboxes and multi-gang setups or replace blanks. Tabletop placement with an available cradle – model 39943 – allows convenient accessibility anywhere.

Full-Range Dimmability – When connected to a Z-Wave dimmer, adjust brightness levels of dimmable lights from 0-100 percent. Dimming lights reduces energy costs and improves bulb life.

Inclusion Information

1. Press and hold the Up buttons on scene 1 and 3 for three seconds. The LED will slowly flash.

2. Press and hold the Up buttons on scene 2 and 4 for three seconds. The LED will rapidly flash.

3. Press the Down button on scene 1 to set the device as a receiver. The LED will flash every

second. If network transfer was successful, the LED will turn on for two seconds

Exclusion Information

1. Press and hold the Up buttons on scene 1 and 4 for three seconds. The LED will slowly flash.

2. Press the manual/program button on the Z-Wave module/switch to remove it from the network. The LED will turn on for two seconds.

Wakeup Information

1. Press and hold the Up buttons on scene 1 and 3 for three seconds. The LED will slowly flash.

2. Press and hold the Down buttons on scene 1 and 3 for three seconds. The LED will slowly flash. The LED will turn on for two seconds. If the setup is successful, the keypad will stay awake for 30 seconds. During awake mode, the controller will sleep again within two seconds after any button is pressed

]]> RemoteControl
<!-- CHANNEL DEFINITIONS -->
<channels>
  <channel id="switch_dimmer" typeId="switch_dimmer">
    <label>Dimmer1</label>
    <properties>
      <property name="binding:*:PercentType">COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL</property>
      <property name="binding:Command:OnOffType">COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL</property>
    </properties>
  </channel>
    <label>Dimmer2</label>
    <properties>
      <property name="binding:*:PercentType">COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL</property>
      <property name="binding:Command:OnOffType">COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL</property>
    </properties>
  </channel>
    <label>Dimmer3</label>
    <properties>
    </properties>
  </channel>
    <label>Dimmer4</label>
    <properties>
    </properties>
  </channel>
  <channel id="battery-level" typeId="system.battery-level">
    <properties>
      <property name="binding:*:PercentType">COMMAND_CLASS_BATTERY</property>
    </properties>
  </channel>
</channels>

<!-- DEVICE PROPERTY DEFINITIONS -->
<properties>
  <property name="vendor">Jasco Products</property>
  <property name="modelId">34176/ZW5306</property>
  <property name="manufacturerId">0099</property>
  <property name="manufacturerRef">4843:3031</property>
  <property name="dbReference">1313</property>
  <property name="defaultAssociations">1</property>
</properties>

<!-- CONFIGURATION DESCRIPTIONS -->
<config-description>

<!-- GROUP DEFINITIONS -->
  <parameter-group name="association">
    <context>link</context>
    <label>Association Groups</label>
  </parameter-group>

<!-- ASSOCIATION DEFINITIONS -->
  <parameter name="group_1" type="text" groupName="association">
    <label>1: Lifeline</label>
  </parameter>

<!-- STATIC DEFINITIONS -->
  <parameter name="node_id" type="integer" min="1" max="232" readOnly="true" required="true">
    <label>Node ID</label>
    <advanced>true</advanced>
  </parameter>

</config-description>

</thing:thing-descriptions>

Welcome.
It is a community supported database. Feel free to contribute. Here is the guide.

This tells you how to update the database but not how to get the information to update it with.

You use the xml file generated by OH in the zwave folder of userdata. In addition, a pdf of the manual usually has the additional information needed,

Using find I can’t seem to find any folders called userdata nor can I find any xml files created by OH. I’m using OH2 on a raspberry pi.

I found something here.

/var/lib/openhab2/zwave/network_e212c98d__node_39.xml

Thanks for helping. I’m sure I’ll have more questions.

Ok I’m back to confused. There are 4 switches on the device but only 1 switch command in the xml. How does it reference the different switches?

0xe212c98d 39 4 0x63 0x3035 0x4843 false false false false true 40000 1000 COMMAND_CLASS_ZWAVEPLUS_INFO COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC COMMAND_CLASS_DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY COMMAND_CLASS_POWERLEVEL COMMAND_CLASS_BATTERY COMMAND_CLASS_WAKE_UP COMMAND_CLASS_FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD COMMAND_CLASS_CONTROLLER_REPLICATION COMMAND_CLASS_MARK COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL 1 1 0 Lifeline 0x0 0x1 COMMAND_CLASS_BATTERY COMMAND_CLASS_DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY 1 0 BASIC_TYPE_CONTROLLER GENERIC_TYPE_GENERIC_CONTROLLER SPECIFIC_TYPE_PORTABLE_REMOTE_CONTROLLER 0 COMMAND_CLASS_ZWAVEPLUS_INFO 1 1 false 2 1 ROLE_TYPE_CONTROLLER_PORTABLE NODE_TYPE_ZWAVEPLUS_NODE true COMMAND_CLASS_BATTERY 1 1 false 1 52 false true COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC 1 1 false 2 false 99 18499 12341 COMMAND_CLASS_NO_OPERATION 1 1 false 1 COMMAND_CLASS_CONTROLLER_REPLICATION 1 1 false 1 COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION 2 1 false 2 LIB_CONTROLLER 4.38 5.11 255 COMMAND_CLASS_DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY 1 1 false 1 COMMAND_CLASS_POWERLEVEL 1 1 false 1 0 0 COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC 1 1 false 1 true COMMAND_CLASS_FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD 1 1 false 2 COMMAND_CLASS_WAKE_UP 2 1 false 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 true COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION 2 1 false 2 1 COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL 1 1 true 1 true COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO 1 1 false 1 1 2021-03-15 22:07:41.704 UTC

That didn’t paste well. Here is the section related to the switch command.

<entry>
        <commandClass>COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL</commandClass>
        <multiLevelSwitchCommandClass>
          <version>1</version>
          <instances>1</instances>
          <control>true</control>
          <versionSupported>1</versionSupported>
          <isGetSupported>true</isGetSupported>
        </multiLevelSwitchCommandClass>
      </entry>

We need the whole xml file, not just bits and pieces. The term userdata is used to specify a folder whose location varies depending on how openHAB was installed.

I tried to paste it in but that failed and I can’t upload a file, so I’m not sure how to give you the whole thing.

My userdata appears to be the /var/lib/openhab2 folder.

Node 39.xml (9.1 KB)

Here is the whole xml OH created