Z-Wave - Device: PST02 - after battery change I get "NODE 102: Error decapsulating security message"

I have a Philio PST02 PIR sensor which works fine since two years. Now I replaced the battery and the sensor is not really working well again.

I log I see every time I wake up the device:

2020-11-30 11:33:00.922 [ERROR] [mmandclass.ZWaveSecurityCommandClass] - NODE 102: Error decapsulating security message
java.security.InvalidKeyException: No installed provider supports this key: (null)
        at javax.crypto.Cipher.chooseProvider(Cipher.java:893) ~[?:1.8.0_121]
        at javax.crypto.Cipher.init(Cipher.java:1249) ~[?:1.8.0_121]
        at javax.crypto.Cipher.init(Cipher.java:1186) ~[?:1.8.0_121]
        at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.commandclass.ZWaveSecurityCommandClass.generateMAC(ZWaveSecurityCommandClass.java:528) ~[bundleFile:?]
        at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.commandclass.ZWaveSecurityCommandClass.getSecurityMessageDecapsulation(ZWaveSecurityCommandClass.java:319) [bundleFile:?]
        at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveNode.processCommand(ZWaveNode.java:1238) [bundleFile:?]
        at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager$ZWaveReceiveThread.run(ZWaveTransactionManager.java:532) [bundleFile:?]

For me it looks like after battery replacement the device or the stick or OH looses the encryption key for the secure communication?

How to fix it?

If it has lost the key I would try this.

Exclude the device
Factory Reset the device
Include the device
Add the new Thing to OH
Modify any Items to link to the new Thing
Delete the old Thing from OH.

Thanks Bruce,

I’ve done that. Then it works again. But (for testing) I replaced the battery again, I run into the same problem.

Something in the chain OH <==> zwave stick <==> device looses the key?

I have another device which is included not secure and is alive after battery change. Looks like this happen only on devices which are included secure.

Is there a way to force unsecure inclusion?

Likely the device memory does not retain the key. Contact the vendor to determine if that is expected behaviour.