Z-Wave devices offline after linux update


Yesterday evening I updated my openhabian. After the update all of my z-wave devices (things) were offline including the controller (Aeotec AEOEZW090-C). I readied the controller but again, every z-wave thing stayed offline.

When I try to switch the z-wave wall plug I get the following log in karaf:

Cannot delegate command 'ON' for item 'WallPlug1_Switch' to handler for channel 'zwave:device:95e90737:node2:switch_binary', because no handler is assigned. Maybe the binding is not installed or not propertly initialized.

Today I saw under Habmin, that there are no more Configurations set for the Associated groups. When I set e.g. group1 to openHAB Controller I get the log in karaf:

Exception during HTTP PUT request for update config at 'things/zwave:device:95e90737:node2/config' for thing 'zwave:device:95e90737:node2': Thing with UID zwave:device:95e90737:node2 has no handler attached.

Additional I can see the things again in my inbox under paper UI. I there a possibility to reinitialize the existing things or have I to delete the existing things, add the new ones and link them to the existing items? Thats not bad (only 4 things) but I want to understand what happens and what I did wrong.

Thanks for your help.

If this means you’ve reinstalled the controller, then all your things will likely still be linked to the ‘old’ controller. You’ll need to delete them and reinitialise the things.

Ok, I thought about this way. But what Should I have done before I reinstalled the controller?

You probably shouldn’t have reinstalled the controller in the first place - your probably should have solved the problem with the original controller since as soon as you delete the controller, there’s not much you can do.

I haven’t had to do this in awhile but if you ever do delete the controller for what ever reason, if you give the new serial device the same name as the old one rather than the random string it gets named by default, then your existing Things will work without needing to readd them from the Inbox.

I used to have to do this for Docker upgrades but thankfully this is no longer required.

The new controller has the same name like before, but the things are still offline…
Think about something to link the thing to the controller manually…