Z Wave Fibaro FGSD-002 Unkown Device [solved]

Ok, you could try moving them a little further apart. 30cm is probably ok, but sometimes if devices are too close, they can get overloaded (ie the transmit power from the transmitter overloads the receiver and it can’t demodulate the data properly).

So something has changed, i have changed my inclu

are we one the right way?#

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqscWF3EEakCj_xr2-89hGTGfAFBzg

now i have this status and i wait till tomorow if he will find himself :slight_smile:
But i think this sensor is not in the database

Thank you very much for your time and know how :slight_smile:

This was also in the previous log I looked at. I’m not sure if it is from a request from the binding, or as a result of pressing buttons since it’s common for the NIF to be sent when the wakeup button is pressed.

The log still shows though that the responses to requests like manufacturer information have no ack.

It will not - there is no response to the commands being sent. If it doesn’t work by pressing the wakeup button, waiting until tomorrow will not work either.

Until there is a response to the commands, it is not possible to conclude that. Currently, the device has not responded to the simple request to return the manufacturer information, and without this, the matching of the device to the database will not happen.

only fyi
I made a hotswap of the sensor and it same behavior as the old one.
i think i will give up at this point. Thanks for your time and for your ambition at this projekt :slight_smile:

br

Just give the situation one more try! I also face a lot of problems including Fibaro devices to my Raspberry/Razberry combination. But I found a workaround that normally works (has to be applied several times with some devices).

Start a Browser window with the frontail logviewer and another tab with HABmin
Go to HABmin, select the “unknown” device, klick tools (Werkzeuge) and activate the extended Setup (Erweiterte Einstellungen anzeigen), klick tools again and select “Reinitialize the device”. Now start waking up the device by pressing the button on the device quickly three times Repeat this wakeup several times while checking the log. Several log entries will show up. Keep waking up the deive until a message like “initializing neighbors” appears. Then the device should show up correctly with all channels. If not (or if the device looses functionality over the next days), repeat the whole process.

I recently tried to initialize my first fibaro switch this way, and it did not show up at all the first day I tried. The second day the method mentioned above worked within minutes. So this all is a bit strange and needs a lot of patience

1 Like

Hi guys :D,
after a frustrating beginning i have changed my Razberry Zwave receiver to the UZB Stick and it worked from beginning as it should.

Thanks for your great support and patience

bg Patrick

_big thanks to Jörg ! I have the same problems. but clicking 3 times, and 2 seconds again 3 times, and again 3 times … and so on … the Fibaro Door/Window Sensor 2 discovered successfull _
-----
Danke Jörg - bin fast verrückt geworden bei dem Sensor :wink:

1 Like

I’ve just signed up to say “thank you so much”. After 2 days of searching and trying, using your method I was able to get my smoke and co detectors showing up properly in openhab2. You really made my day!