I have a GE 46202 that I believe should support double tap via central scene. I turned on the logging and I can see the central scene come in as shown below. However, the scene number in the associated channel does not change. I think there is possibly an error in the database. I think the “scene number” should be associated with the central scene, and not with the scene actuation. Can anyone someone confirm this is correct? Or suggest an alternative if this is not? I can edit the database, but I would like to get some feedback on whether or not this is what needs to be changed.
Most of that Endpoint data came directly from a device xml file. Very few people here venture into editing that area manually.
I have tagged this thread as z-wave but most of our experts are likely asleep right now.
Since it’s not possible to support the scene channels through both command classes (ie the binding just supports a single channel type) we need to choose which one to support. Normally, the central scene class should be used as it’s a more fully featured, more modern command class.
It seems that probably that wasn’t done here (I’ve no idea why - maybe the channel was added manually) - I’m happy to move it, but we should understand the impact first.
Often there are config parameters that define which class is used - is that the case here? If so, it would be worth noting it here so that we can reference this in the database so there’s at least some traceability when we make a change.
See our database PM thread. A user did make changes.
EDIT: One of our experienced members just changed this database entry.
The changes should make it into a snapshot binding in about a week. Assuming you are running a recent version of openHAB you should then be able to use the update script to install the snapshot binding.
I don’t see any parameter that changes the class used for this. And I can see that the @sihui has already made the change, so it should be good now. I also updated the device with a couple of parameters from the Z-Wave Alliance database. It’s frustrating that the manufacturers seem to post incomplete data there and on their own websites. Thanks to both of you.