Z-wave: new device devolo MT:2656

First, you need to get the device installed - the database is the least of the problems if it is not installing. I would suggest to get the debug log to find out what is happening. Maybe the device is out of range, or maybe there’s some sort of issue initialising it - without debug logs, I’m afraid we can’t help.

But how do I install the device?

I just put one of the swiches in paaring-mode (LED blinking). Then I stared the discovery on the controller with HABmin. -> the new node (Nr.2) was seen. I added and the LED on the device started to light constatly. For me this looked good? Successful installation?
I added the log (no debug). But if you might explain me how the installation is correctly done. I do it again with debug log.
Thank you. BR Sebastian

What you have done sounds fine, but a lot more happens after this so that the binding can work out what services the device provides, and what the device actually is. We need to find out what is happening, so the debug log is essential when things don’t go as they should.

Hello, I enabled the debug log on the windows system and added the result.

I was able to install node 2. Also there are some more ‘dead nodes’ discovered. So there still might be a issue with the controller?

You have any suggestions. Thank you in advance.
BR

This is normal if you have reset the device and then included it again. You can remove them, and this way is built right into Habmin…

I need to give up here. I think the controller got some problems, because it is detecting always ‘dead’ nodes. I tried every command on the cotroller on HABmin. But I am not able to delete all the nodes from the controller. Also when I try a ‘Hard Reset’ it says:
2018-08-13 22:39:00.698 [ERROR] [ing.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler] - Got I/O exception Eingabe-/Ausgabefehler in writeArray during sending. exiting thread.

Which for me means that the controller does not answer like it should.
I need to try an other controller from an other manufacturer, but don’t know when I get around to do this.

Thank you for your help.

1 Like