I have a group gDuskLights and the following simple rule to turn on a large number of lights when the sun sets:
rule "Sunset Rule" when Channel "astro:sun:local:set#event" triggered START then gDuskLights.sendCommand(ON) end
The lights are a combination of window lamps using wall plugs (Z-wave), switches (Z-wave) and a few bulbs (Hue), all in all around 20-25 lights. From time to time, a few of the lamps (only Z-wave, never Hue) don’t turn on as they should and I’m not sure what’s causing that. My Z-wave network seems to be ok when looking at the map in HABMin and I can always turn on the failing lamps later using Basic UI or HABPanel.
So, is it a stupid idea to do it like this? Can the Z-wave network be overloaded or saturated causing messages to fail when sending a burst of commands like this?
- Platform information:
- Hardware: CPUArchitecture/RAM/storage Raspberry Pi3 with Aeotec Z-stick gen5.
- OS: what OS is used and which version Openhabian
- Java Runtime Environment: which java platform is used and what version
- openHAB version: 2.5.6-2
- Issue of the topic: please be detailed explaining your issue
- Please post configurations (if applicable):
- Items configuration related to the issue
- Sitemap configuration related to the issue
- Rules code related to the issue
- Services configuration related to the issue
- If logs where generated please post these here using code fences: