Z-Wave: No xml for The OCTAN Remote (NodOn)

I agree, it’s a shame this isn’t allowed, but you should be able to find somewhere on the net to put it (eg dropbox). Alternatively you can open a ticket on my website and attach it there.

Yeah, I added it to my google drive, here you go: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Sosnu49NQFXIY2pv2g7xkOYasgSnwmW0?usp=sharing

I performed a clean inclusion with debug on. The new node is now 53. And all the logs should be visible here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gtEiYvj-rVdw9RvmZ5oblot7KPdCNvJS/view?usp=sharing

Hope that helps a bit.

Still nothing useful :sunglasses:

I would try to reset the device before next inclusion attempt.

Well, I tried that already a few times…

Check this post:

Nevertheless, here another one. Freshly excluded, reset and re-included. Still, no more information.
Maybe the device is damaged? Hm…

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19aZ4DYnK2ojjpUIo9klVjG-JaD59jw_L/view?usp=sharing

See post above … worth a try :sunglasses:

Well, basically I’m already on a snapshot build (the one including the security refactoring).

I never had a thing in habmin, because it’s not recognized and therefore there is not xml to delete. Nevertheless, I excluded the ‘thing’ and performed a factory reset as described in the mentioned post, as well as in the user manual. Still after a reboot of my OH and the re-inclusion, the behavior is the same. A thing not recognized as the given Octan Remote and no useful log information.

Despite the fact, that the battery state of the remote seems fine (green, as far as I can tell), I think I should change the battery (just in case) and retest. If that doesn’t help, a new remote should be in order.

Well, I would first double check via karaf console if you are on a recent snapshot:

openhab> bundle:list|grep -i zwave
189 │ Active   │  80 │ 2.3.0.201805192224     │ ZWave Binding

(this is the development version of the zwave binding!)

Yeah, you’re probably right.

243 │ Active   │  80 │ 2.3.0.201804022210     │ ZWave Binding

I’m most certainly not on the newest snapshot. As far as I understand, your snapshot version doesn’t work any longer with OH 2.2.x and needs OH 2.3-Snapi. And expect for some bindings, I run on the latest stable OH 2.2 version. So that’s a no-go for me, because I fear the change to OH 2.3-Snapi and the newest Z-Wave binding will lead to even more problems and probably a lot of headache. I switched to the z-wave binding snapshot only because of the security refactoring and in order to be able to add my Danalock into the network.

So I will probably have to sit this one out (if it’s really related to my case) and try another remote.

The device was created in the database a year ago, so I guess with your snapshot version you are good to go.
Also the post above from successful inclusion is from Feb 17. Not sure what is going on at your system :joy:

Hm? What do you mean ‘from Feb 17’? Which one?
And yeah, I’m not sure either :wink:
Well at least it’s only the remote that doesn’t work, everything else works more or less like a charm.

Ah yeah, now I understand :smiley:

1 Like

Was this ever resolved? I am testing openhabian and remote is not recognized…

Regards

Kim

Waking up the remote during the startup of the z-wave binding helped. I could reproduce this and also include another Octan remote. Just had to wake it up during startup…

1 Like

Thanks!

How did you wake it up, and how can you time it to the startup of the binding? I have no screen on the RPI, so i cannot monitor the boot process.

You don’t need to worry about the binding startup - just the waking up of the device. The binding is always listening for the wakeup messages, so this is not something to worry about.

Ok, because i am struggling :stuck_out_tongue:

I have been randomly pressing the button, as the manual states “wakeup” is done by pressing a button.

Are there any logs i could check, to see what fails?