Z-Wave node reported offline yet commands do arrive at the node - how?

Again though, this is undetectable, so we can only stop retries completely - right?

I’m not sure I understand. The system IS a two way communications system - this is required. So, yes, it has broken down because something in your system is broken.

Even if we don’t retry, your system is already not working properly. The system is waiting for the response and this is delaying all communications on your network.

I would strongly suggest you try and resolve the issue by fixing the communications. Again - as it currently stands, the device can’t be configured and will not work properly. I really can’t see a point in making the system overly complex for an issue that should be resolved through other means. In 5+ years of working on ZWave, I’ve not come across such a request and it really makes no sense - sorry.

Alright, alright. Could’ve referenced the “RFC” though, would have saved us both some time discussing :wink:

p4: A Receiving node returns an Ack message in order to confirm that the frame has been received. If no
Ack is received by the Sending node, it must assume that the transmission failed. The Sending node will
then retransmit the same message until it gets feedback from the Receiving node. After three
unsuccessful transmissions, the Sending node will consider the link to be down.

Thanks again for your time.