Z wave nodes will not initialize

I am running openhab 1.8 build 1042 with a sigma uzb1

I’ve added all my z wave light switches that are in the database, they added fine, they respond fine, association groups are correct. However they do not fully initialize and are shown as gray in habmin. I see “Initialisation NOT yet complete” for all of them when I try to do a heal.

Here is the log output when I try to reinitialize node 5

http://pastebin.com/Vcft4sir

You don’t have two copies of the zwave binding in the addons folder do you? There seem to be a lot of conflicting log entries so I can only think this can happen if there are multiple copies running.

no I don’t. I did use the zwave binding from habmin and not the one included in the build addons. Perhaps I should switch to the the one from the build?

Another interesting tidbit is that I do have one node that does initialize properly… the unrecognized enerwave scene controller that you just put into the zwave database. All of the other nodes are switches and dimmers, all of which are devices that are already in the zwave database.

Just as an example of what I see -:

2015-10-23 00:55:41.720 [DEBUG] [z.i.p.i.ZWaveNodeStageAdvancer:1011]- NODE 5: Node advancer - GET_CONFIGURATION: Transaction complete (SendData:Request) success(true)
2015-10-23 00:55:41.720 [DEBUG] [z.i.p.i.ZWaveNodeStageAdvancer:201 ]- NODE 5: Node advancer - checking initialisation queue. Queue size 0.
2015-10-23 00:55:41.720 [DEBUG] [z.i.p.i.ZWaveNodeStageAdvancer:1011]- NODE 5: Node advancer - MANUFACTURER: Transaction complete (SendData:Request) success(true)

These status messsages show the same device in multiple stagates of initialisation at the same time. the GET_CONFIGURATION stage is nearly the last stage, which the MANUFACTURE is one of the first so I don’t understand how this can swap between these states.

what about this?

2015-10-23 00:55:41.992 [ERROR] [b.z.i.protocol.ZWaveController:1133]- Exception during Z-Wave thread: Input.
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
        at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.initialization.ZWaveNodeStageAdvancer.advanceNodeStage(ZWaveNodeStageAdvancer.java:750) ~[na:na]
        at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.initialization.ZWaveNodeStageAdvancer.handleNodeQueue(ZWaveNodeStageAdvancer.java:213) ~[na:na]
        at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.initialization.ZWaveNodeStageAdvancer.ZWaveIncomingEvent(ZWaveNodeStageAdvancer.java:1017) ~[na:na]
        at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController.notifyEventListeners(ZWaveController.java:598) ~[na:na]
        at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController.handleIncomingRequestMessage(ZWaveController.java:223) ~[na:na]
        at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController.handleIncomingMessage(ZWaveController.java:194) ~[na:na]
        at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController.access$6(ZWaveController.java:189) ~[na:na]
        at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController$ZWaveInputThread.run(ZWaveController.java:1126) ~[na:na]

I didn’t notice this - I’ll add a fix.

This should be fixed today…

is it fixed in the current build on cloudbees? or do I need to wait for tomorrow’s?

You need to wait for tomorrows… However, as it’s is now tomorrow, you should be good to go :smile:

working, thank you :slight_smile: