Z-Wave not working with OpenHAB 4.1.1

I’m not trying to sway anyone to do anything. The important part was:

@Uberschmutzer didn’t seem against Linux, so I answered their question about what I’d do. I certainly never said that openHAB doesn’t work on Windows.

@Andrew_Rowe already corrected my mistaken belief that it might be harder to get assistance with Windows, and I’m grateful to him for it. That’s all that really needed to be said.

All good. I was not specifically calling you out.
I replied more for any future new readers may somehow get a different impression.
I also want all newcomers to enjoy this high quality and versatile application without thinking they have to learn OpenHab application and a OS that may not be what they are always using as a daily driver.
I also wanted to offer a few additional insights and tips to help build the users confidence and perhaps enhance the experience to go a little smoother.

Fair enough. I’m certainly happier if there are more people who can help with Windows systems, but I also don’t think anyone should fear Linux.

I do the same since my 9 years with openHAB with a manual install on Linux :grin:

yep, That is the beauty of self-contained and standalone applications … :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.