Z-wave problems on banana pi

I have setup openhab on a bananapi (with SSD) and everything works smoothly except zwave. I have three Fibaro nodes (two gfk001 door sensors and one fgms001 motion sensor with a Gen5 Z-Stick controller. Nodes appear in habmin and sometimes they will function for a short time and then become unresponsive and eventually die (red dot). I have tested the exact same setup (same configuration files and same controller and nodes) on an iMac and everything runs perfect… Any ideas on what could be happening?
One difference in the setup between iMac and banana pi is that I am also running rfxcom on the banana, don’t know if that could be interfering.

The banana is running bananian:
Linux bananapi 3.4.104-bananian #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Apr 6 18:25:40 UTC 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux

java version “1.8.0_65”
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_65-b17)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 25.65-b01, mixed mode)

I have tried running as root in debug mode on the banana pi to no avail.

My bindings
org.openhab.action.astro-1.7.1.jar*
org.openhab.action.mail-1.7.1.jar*
org.openhab.action.pushover-1.8.0-SNAPSHOT.jar*
org.openhab.binding.asterisk-1.8.0-SNAPSHOT.jar*
org.openhab.binding.astro-1.7.1.jar*
org.openhab.binding.http-1.7.1.jar*
org.openhab.binding.hue-1.7.1.jar*
org.openhab.binding.mochadx10-1.7.1.jar*
org.openhab.binding.mqtt-1.7.1.jar*
org.openhab.binding.netatmo-1.7.1.jar*
org.openhab.binding.ntp-1.7.1.jar*
org.openhab.binding.rfxcom-1.7.1.jar*
org.openhab.binding.samsungtv-1.7.1.jar*
org.openhab.binding.weather-1.7.1.jar*
org.openhab.binding.zwave-1.8.0-SNAPSHOT.jar*
org.openhab.io.dropbox-1.7.1.jar*
org.openhab.io.habmin-1.7.0-SNAPSHOT.jar*
org.openhab.io.myopenhab-1.7.0.jar*
org.openhab.persistence.db4o-1.7.1.jar*
org.openhab.persistence.exec-1.7.1.jar*
org.openhab.persistence.logging-1.7.1.jar*
org.openhab.persistence.rrd4j-1.7.1.jar*

Thanks for any help

I have disabled rfxcom and tested exactly the same setup on the banana pi as on the iMac. Zwave is still not functional on the banana.

Hi,

I think it could be an issue with insufficient power on USB ports, especially if you have a SSD drive plugged on your banana.
I have same issue with WIFI dongle on my banana Pi, the issue was “fixed” by replacing it with PLC adaptor.

Regards.

Thanks @beard_lionel, I had actually thought of that since I seem to be getting a lot less range when on the banana compared to the iMac. I will try with a powered USB hub see if that solves it.