Z-wave repeater supported by openhab?

Perhaos the z-wave log viewer can help.

The log looks corrupt?

I did it again - it could be that the device was not properly plugged in the poweroutlet

Z-Wave Node 024 (0371:0004:00BD:1.1) ONLINE

Unknown Device

zwave:device:1cdf3522:node24

network_eeaa2b59__node_24.xml (7.5 KB)

I guess or hope the xml is now much better

Yes, it’s good now and confirms the device is in the database.

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/1274

Ok, thanks. Then my openhab doesn’t have the lattest DB? If so is there a way to update it?

Sorry to be a dummy to this - i don’t understand how this works

The easiest thing now may be to wait a week for the next release of OH, assuming you are running 2.5.x already.

Thank you.

updated to 2.5.8-1, perfect now. Thank you all.

Z-Wave Node 024: ZW189 Range Extender 7 ONLINE

ZW189 Range Extender 7

1 Like

Hello - I have this exact same issue, but already have 2.5.8 on Centos 7 installed. Despite this, it shows up as an unknown device. I downloaded the ZW189 XML from Chris’s old site and tried adding it via an updated .jar (2.5.9 snapshot - which maybe caused issues?), but this just prevented OH2 from running at all. Any ideas - or should I just wait until 2.5.9?

I think the device is probably already included in 2.5.8, so waiting for 2.5.9 probably won’t help

What exactly do you see on the screen - are there a bunch of numbers, or what? Is there an XML file produced in the userdata/zwave folder? If so, can you post it please.

1 Like

Hi Chris - sorry, missed this. Using the Paper UI display in the “Things” display, it shows this:

Z-Wave Extender Garage ONLINE

Unknown Device

zwave:device:dffe28f4:node3

Expanding it, and showing properties, this is what is happening:

Z-Wave Extender Garage

Unknown Device

This device has not been fully discovered by the binding. There are a few possible reasons for this -:

• The device is not in the database. If the device attributes show that this device has a valid manufacturer ID, device ID and type, then this is likely the case (eg. you see a label like " Z-Wave node 1 (0082:6015:020D::2.0) "). Even if the device appears to be in the database, some manufacturers use multiple sets of references for different regions or versions, and your device references may not be in the database. In either case, the database must be updated and you should raise an issue to get this addressed.
  • The device initialisation is not complete. Once the device is included into the network, the binding must interrogate it to find out what type of device it is. One part of this process is to get the manufacturer information required to identify the device, and until this is done, the device will remain unknown. For mains powered devices, this will occur quickly, however for battery devices the device must be woken up a number of times to allow the discovery phase to complete. This must be performed with the device close to the controller.

HIDE PROPERTIES

zwave_beaming true
zwave_class_basic BASIC_TYPE_ROUTING_SLAVE
zwave_class_generic GENERIC_TYPE_REPEATER_SLAVE
zwave_class_specific SPECIFIC_TYPE_REPEATER_SLAVE
zwave_deviceid 189
zwave_devicetype 260
zwave_frequent false
zwave_lastheal 2020-09-01T09:26:02Z
zwave_listening true
zwave_manufacturer 881
zwave_neighbours 4
zwave_nodeid 3
zwave_plus_devicetype NODE_TYPE_ZWAVEPLUS_NODE
zwave_plus_roletype ROLE_TYPE_SLAVE_ALWAYS_ON
zwave_routing true
zwave_secure false
zwave_version 1.1

I also tried “from scratch” installation twice with the same results. The repo I used was:

/etc/yum.repos.d/openhab.repo

[openHAB-Stable]
name=openHAB 2.x.x Stable
baseurl=https://dl.bintray.com/openhab/rpm-repo2/stable
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=https://bintray.com/user/downloadSubjectPublicKey?username=openhab
enabled=1

You have a variant of the device that is not in the database. I’ve now updated this and it will be in the next update in a few days.

Thanks Chris. I appreciate the work you do to keep this database current.

P

1 Like

My project did not work - as soon the motion detector is in the letterbox no connection anymore.

I was unable to find a motion detector with an external antenna
 Anybody knows such a product?

Use a plastic mailbox?

Not an option, I guess we don’t even have this here in Switzerland.

1 Like

Seems like you need the sensor on the inside, but the transmitter on the outside. Could you maybe put a magnet on the mailbox door and a reed switch on the inside? Then you could wire the reed switch contacts to one of the Z-wave door/window sensors that allow a dry contact. The door/window sensor could be on the outside of the mailbox. You would need a small hole in the mailbox to get the wires to the door/window sensor on the outside. And of course you’d need to make sure the sensor on the outside is weatherproof.

I don’t know if there is a motion sensor that can supply a dry contact. That would be another choice if the magnet/reed switch combination isn’t viable. Maybe it is possible to open up a motion sensor and somehow rewire it so the motion sensor itself can be separated from the guts of the Z-wave so you could mount it outside.

Maybe also an option would be to add an “external antenna cable” to my Aeotec Multisensor 6 (was not able to open it) or the PD03Z Neo Coolcam sensor

I just opened the NEO Coolcam sensor. Is this copper wire the antenna? It seems to me that I could easily replace it
 If so - the cable length for 868.4 MHz should be 17.5 cm? (868 MHz Lambda-Halbe = 17.5 cm) or even 35cm for better reception?

Google Photos