Z-wave (Schlage) Lock Support on OH1

I’ve been having trouble getting an Aeotec Multisensor gen5 to connect successfully. It appears that it supports SECURITY extensions, but perhaps the updates to support the SECURITY extensions don’t work for other sensors? Help?

Here’s another data point, I was able to get this all built and working with my Schlage Camelot lock and it seems to work well. It did the secure pairing quickly the first try and i can lock & unlock my door every time with very little delay (1-2 s).

The rest of my devices (~50 of them) all seem to be working well.

The only issue I’m having is the User Codes don’t seem to be working, but I simply programmed the codes I need at the keypad and all is well.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Thanks for testing Mike. I’ve noticed the same with the user codes, sometimes they work, other times they don’t. I’ll have to look into that some more.

Dave

@daemonalec Need more information. Did secure inclusion work? Did you following the instructions here?

My kwikset locks are included and working. I’m not sure if this sensor should be included using secure inclusion or not. Inclusion through habmin2 doesn’t appear to work at all. I’ve also tried following instructions at http://www.iwasdot.com/configuring-a-aeon-labs-multi-sensor-with-openhab/ without much success; I appear to run into this issue: https://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5152 .

HABmin2 doesn’t work with the OH1 binding (unless you are using a very old version).

FWIW, habmin2 is how I included the locks… not quite sure what’s different.

I thought you just said it didn’t work?

Well, quite a lot depending on how old a version you’re using :sunglasses:.

The current version shouldn’t work with the OH1 binding. If you have a version from a few months back, then yes, it will still work, but HABmin2 is moving over to only supporting OH2.

Sorry, I’m having trouble communicating what’s going on. I have OpenHAB 1.8.1 with the zwave module built from the security-beta-test branch. I’ve gotten locks working, but I have not been able to get an Aeon Labs multisensor to work at all. It appears that it may try to do ZWave security inclusion (or not, I’m not sure) and I’m asking if (a) I should expect this to work (b) if it isn’t working because I’m using the security branch and it may work with the regular branch. I’m willing to try to help, but experimenting with the zwave support is somewhat time consuming as I need to remove the locks to bring them into proximity of the controller to re-include them. Sorry for the confusion.

Try specifying the network key without commas. That’s working for me.

It shouldn’t matter since this is all contained within the zwave binding.

Unless these changes have been merged, I think you need to compile the z-wave binding yourself.

Did you do this following these instructions ?

I ask only because I am not sure what they mean in step 1 when they say execute code.

Thanks

Looks like my Danalock Circle is completely dead 40 days later, it has been working fairly reliably with my old build of the security testing branch but I guess it really tore through the batteries without me noticing, probably from all the status polling. I’ll have to buy four new CR123 lithium batteries tomorrow :pensive: …looks like there’s no easy way to convert it to use a DC power adapter either.

I am relatively new in ZWave security. Is there a way for code-based locks (for example Yale) to find out which code was used to open the door? Or at least which user just opened the door?

It’s definitely possible with the Yale locks, as when I was using them with SmartThings, it reported which code was used to unlock them (on the occasions that it worked at all). My understanding is that the Yale locks report that in a non-standard way, using Alarms, which is not yet fully supported on openHAB.

Mine actually have stopped working altogether - my log is a steady stream of Info and Warn messages for each of my locks, and they don’t respond to attempts to control them nor report manual events. Here’s what I see in my logs, pretty much continuously for each of my three locks:

2016-04-18 12:39:59.701 [WARN ] [mmandclass.ZWaveSecurityCommandClass] - NODE 9: Expired from payloadEncapsulationQueue: NODE 9: SecurityPayload (part 1 of 1) for BATTERY : Message: class=SendData[0x13], type=Request[0x00], priority=Get, dest=9, callback=199, payload = 80 02 2016-04-18 12:39:59.701 [INFO ] [mmandclass.ZWaveSecurityCommandClass] - NODE 9: Newer request received removing from payloadEncapsulationQueue: NODE 9: SecurityPayload (part 1 of 1) for BATTERY : Message: class=SendData[0x13], type=Request[0x00], priority=Get, dest=9, callback=199, payload = 80 02 2016-04-18 12:39:59.702 [WARN ] [mmandclass.ZWaveSecurityCommandClass] - NODE 9: Expired from payloadEncapsulationQueue: NODE 9: SecurityPayload (part 1 of 1) for DOOR_LOCK : Message: class=SendData[0x13], type=Request[0x00], priority=Get, dest=9, callback=200, payload = 62 02 2016-04-18 12:39:59.702 [INFO ] [mmandclass.ZWaveSecurityCommandClass] - NODE 9: Newer request received removing from payloadEncapsulationQueue: NODE 9: SecurityPayload (part 1 of 1) for DOOR_LOCK : Message: class=SendData[0x13], type=Request[0x00], priority=Get, dest=9, callback=200, payload = 62 02 2016-04-18 12:39:59.702 [WARN ] [mmandclass.ZWaveSecurityCommandClass] - NODE 9: Expired from payloadEncapsulationQueue: NODE 9: SecurityPayload (part 1 of 1) for ALARM : Message: class=SendData[0x13], type=Request[0x00], priority=Get, dest=9, callback=201, payload = 71 04 00 2016-04-18 12:39:59.702 [INFO ] [mmandclass.ZWaveSecurityCommandClass] - NODE 9: Newer request received removing from payloadEncapsulationQueue: NODE 9: SecurityPayload (part 1 of 1) for ALARM : Message: class=SendData[0x13], type=Request[0x00], priority=Get, dest=9, callback=201, payload = 71 04 00

Does anyone know how to setup Door_Lock_Logging command class for Kwikset 910 in openhab items file?

Hello;

I have followed the instructions here:

My basic problem is I am not able to make it work, I can of course include the schlage but I am not able to set a lock and unlock and I am simply lost as to where to start troubleshooting. That said a couple of questions.

1. Did everyone compile their own jar? or did anyone use the one linked in the link above?
  2. Did everyone use the instructions provided in the link above?
  3. Any tips for someone who is stuck ? :slight_smile:

thanks in advance!

I got my Yale working. Locking and battery are both working. However, I’m unable to get user codes working. I see in the log that OH is sending my codes to the lock, but it looks like the response type is wrong:

2016-04-24 12:31:08.072 [DEBUG] [urityEncapsulatedSerialMessage:96 ]- NODE 3: securityReponseReceived=false for 00 71 05 70 02 . Class: want=USER_CODE,got=ALARM; Command: want=ANY,got=05 2016-04-24 12:31:08.076 [DEBUG] [ApplicationCommandMessageClass:146 ]- NODE 3: Incoming command class ALARM (0x71) 2016-04-24 12:31:08.077 [DEBUG] [ApplicationCommandMessageClass:91 ]- NODE 3: After decrypt, found Command Class ALARM, passing to handleApplicationCommandRequest 2016-04-24 12:31:08.078 [DEBUG] [z.i.p.c.ZWaveAlarmCommandClass:82 ]- NODE 3: Received Alarm Request 2016-04-24 12:31:08.079 [DEBUG] [z.i.p.c.ZWaveAlarmCommandClass:94 ]- NODE 3: Alarm report - Value = 2 2016-04-24 12:31:08.081 [ERROR] [z.i.p.c.ZWaveAlarmCommandClass:99 ]- NODE 3: Unknown Alarm Type = 112, ignoring report.

EDIT: I should clarify – the codes work, but I’m not seeing anything about which code was used in the log.

EDIT 2: Nevermind, I see the discussion about user codes and alarms earlier in the thread. Man, this thread is long!

It’s not yet supported in OH.