Z-Wave stick + Danfoss RXZ2 channel; switch (Central Heating)

that is a kind offer, but don’t be doing it while driving eh :slight_smile:
I live “up North” , Lancashire, will get you a few pints if you’re in the Preston area! Otherwise, drive safe and don’t expect a warm day here lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

I for one have no idea what you are referring to. Please can you add some quotes (using the forum quote system) above such statements so there’s some reference to what is wrong, and who you are actually replying to. I don’t think it is me, although my email is the last in this thread before yours.

Sorry - but I’m just totally confused.

balls! Meant to post that to this thread

Dont know how I managed that, too many tabs open. I have asked the system to remove my post above and have updated the other thread. Oh dear. Sorry about that.

Whilst I am here Chris, I note in my system the existence of:

/var/lib/openhab2/tmp/mvn/org/openhab/addons/bundles/org.openhab.binding.zwave/2.5.1-SNAPSHOT/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.5.1-20200106.033909-7.jar

I didn’t put it there though and didnt upgrade. Is there some automatic synchronisation with the main OpenHAB servers that takes place?

Perhaps for 2.5.1. I know 2.5.1 will have some sort of feature where the addons can be upgraded without upgrading the core openHAB.

Hey @chris, I can confirm that the Z-Wave binding SNAPSHOT can now fully control the Danfoss RX2 two channel RF controller using Channels "Switch " for device CH1 and “Switch2” for device CH2. All LEDs correctly illuminate .

There is one minor issue, the “Switch” Channel (Endpoint 0, zwave:device:4849599d:node3:switch_binary) should toggle both the device’s CH1 and CH2 concurrently - either both ON or both OFF (in other words both thing Channels “Switch1” and Switch2" at the same time). However selecting On/Off for “Switch” affects only “Switch1” (CH1). Thus effectively, Channels “Switch1” and “Switch” provide duplicate functionality/are the same, in terms of operational function.

This isn’t a big deal because the user still has access to fully working “Switch1” and “Switch2” Channels, thus it is a minor inconvenience at worst, but worthy of mention. I’m happy to raise an ticket if that is the right thing to do - please advise Chris. I suspect this is reliant upon that final bit of info requested from Danfoss?

And THANK YOU.

p.s. I am loving OH and can now fully operate my Central Heating system remotely. Next step is to use some html/css to get some day-by-day heating programme built.

Have you got a link to a Donate button Chris?

Sorry Bruce, I may not have been clear; what I intended to ask, was whether , time-now, there is some syncing taking place because Chris only released the snapshot yesterday and this morning it is in my filesystem yet I did nothing to effect that (in other words if I didn’t do it by whatever means, who or what did?)