Z-wave stick goes offline after sudo reboot from cron

Hi Chris,

I found this topic: Link

Maybe this is the issue - how do you think?

Hi everyone,
It seems that not only me have this problem revently. It’s connected with serial port reservation by kernel and openhab (dialout) afterwards.

Anyone solve it? present solutions on forum with adding “d /run/lock 0775 root dialout -” in /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/legacy.conf and then copy it to /etc/tmpfiles.d/ and reboot - doesn’t work.

Hope someone solve it on Ubuntu 20.04

@Kai - is this problem connected with openhab or with Ubuntu itself?

Hi @quarku
Since I went from 2.5 to 3.1 a couple of weeks ago (I think this is when it started), I can never restart oh without pulling/reinserting the zstick before starting oh again, otherwise the zwave bridge will not go online. I don’t have debug enabled on zwave, so I can’t be 100% sure I have the same issue as you, but I suppose I do.

Next time I need to restart, I will enable zwave debug before, but I am not home at the moment. Just wanted to to confirm you are not alone :slight_smile:

Hi Micael,

Thank you for letting me know that I’m not alone. I need to restart 20-25 times sometimes to get it online and lately even if it shows that it is online the z-wave stick lock on some LED color for example red and I can’t control anything which is paired with this stick.

Pretty much z-wave works like ***** for me. I don’t know how to solve it (tired exerything already).
So I think I will exchange z-wave nodes to shelly to make house online again.

I’ve tried new z-stick which I’ve flashed with backup copy form last month - same behavior. It is clearly something related with serial port hadling.
Symlink doesn’t help and described methods on this forum doesn’t help.

The only think I haven’t try yet is mentioned by @apella12 above. I will inform here about the results.

Just need some more time becasue its not a clear tutorial there.