Z-wave things lose their Lifeline Association Group

Not for me either, i reinitialize but cant set the LifeLine because of these errors. I’m at my wits end, i just cannot work out how to get a stable, problem free zwave network and I only have 10 or so devices.

I factory reset everything, delete all things, restart the binding and reinclude then I see devices stuck in GET_CONFIGURATION and other devices that wont accept a LifeLife and so will not function at all using ZWave, only using their mechanical button.

The items in question update values for their power metering just fine though so it can’t be a range issue (they are approx 4m apart anyway)

10-Jan-2019 11:26:32.023 [DEBUG] [rg.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 4: Configuration update received
10-Jan-2019 11:26:32.024 [DEBUG] [rg.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 4: Configuration update set group_1 to controller (String)
10-Jan-2019 11:26:32.024 [DEBUG] [rg.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 4: Unknown association group 1

Have you tried the 2.5 Jar?

Thanks
Andrew

I’m on the 2.5 jar, unless theres a new one:

openhab> bundle:list | grep Z
264 x Active   x  80 x 2.5.0.201812302011     x ZWave Binding
openhab>

2.5 fixed the AG issue for me when I picked controller, it either stuck or went to node_1 - think the null GUI error in habmin is still there - are you doing in habmin or paperui?

Both work just fine in my experience but yes the visual bug is there.

I’ve reset everything 4 times so far, and finally, with only 1 device to readd I think it’s working. I won’t hold my breath though!!

I find the only real way to fix this stuff is just reset the whole darn thing, delete all the XML, Things and start over.

Ive only got 15 devices.

Has anyone found a permanent fix for the loss of the lifeline??

Since the update to 2.4 stable I don’t have this issue anymore. On which release are you currently?
-> Sorry, I just saw that you are already on 2.5…

Wich controller are you using and is there an actual firmware installed?

Hi Christian, the firmware is not up gradable on the Aeotec ZStick. Ive got the latest one. Well, it may be up gradable but Aeotec to my knowledge have not posted anything in this regard.

OK. So it seems I unfortunately have nothing to contribute to the topic. I found out that it works after having upgraded my zway brother board and OH 2.4 stable installed. The visualisation in habmin and paperUI is still wrong but it works.

The items in question update values for their power metering just fine though so it can’t be a range issue (they are approx 4m apart anyway)

But if you receive updates to the controller is it really an issue?

If you use 2.5, it should not be possible for the lifeline to be removed as the binding will not remove it even if the UI asks for it to be removed. The UI may still show that there is no lifeline, but that doesn’t mean that is the state of the device.

HI Chris understood. I had an issue two days ago, my outside lights on a Fibaro Dimmer 2 keep going on/off in conjunction with a Multisensor 6 and would not let me switch the light off at all. I tried everything. In the end I reset the LIfeLine for both devices (yes they were blank, i didnt check the debug to see if they had been lost, not sure how) and I did a heal on both devices.

This allowed me to switch it off.

I’m not sure I can understand how this is related to the lifeline?

Changing the lifeline association group should not in any way prevent you from turning a light on or off. The association groups are reporting FROM the device - it should not alter the way the device works, or prevent you from sending a command TO the device, or from manually switching the device.

Hi Chris

I don’t doubt that. Just explaining what I had to do to fix the issue. It hasn’t occurred since

I really would like to somehow see the true set associations for my devices.
in the past I surely spammed to much in those settings and get redundant messages for devices.
its a pain to find out which are affected by logs.

• Is there a fix in the visualization of the associations planned?
  • can I somehow get that information? :frowning:

Not in HABmin - I’ve reported this in a number of places as the widget is no longer supported and it’s a lot of work to rewrite this unfortunately.

Check the XML - it should be in there.

How often is the XML updated? I sometimes had the impression that the information in the XML is outdated and only gets refreshed periodically. Can you confirm this?

It is updated when needed. This is if any parameters change, or any other information that needs to be persisted - this does not need to happen very often as most data is static.

Paper UI switches dimmer on/off state to ‘ON’ right after switching the device off.
I’m using OH 2.4 final in a fresh setup (everything setup through Paper UI).
No idea if it should be filled and if this can be related, but the “1: Controller Updates” setting under “Assocation Groups” for the zwave devices are all empty.
When the device is turned ON, the dimmer value goes to 47%, when it goes OFF and the UI then switches it ON it goes to 51%.
Debug log attached.openhab.log ping @chris (515.8 KB)

The log shows that Association Group 1 is set correctly. And if the controller receives updates if you change the item state at the hardware is a good prove for that.

I don’t see these assocation of “Group 1” further down in the log when I was testing.
It appears as if the ZWave devices are actually responding with the status of “51%” after being turned off.