Z-Wave USB stick not working after OH 3.1 update

From what I understand that thing with the hub seems to be Raspberry pi only issue. I had it plugged directly into my server and I did try a USB hub as well. Neither helped. And since I am using a virtual machine anyways I guess it’s a bit different.

I had extensive issues with z-wave earlier this year. The stick (Aeon Gen 5) was offline after restarts, it was creating conflicts with an unrelated USB serial device, and wait times for command execution were unacceptably long.

I don’t have a Windows box and didn’t see any z-wave utilities for Mac or Linux. I decided to do a hard reset which meant I had to remove and repair all my devices. I put it off for a long time but once I did it I wished I’d done it sooner.

It literally fixed all my issues. I assumed the USB conflict issues had to be unrelated, but once the dead nodes were gone the controller runs like a dream.

Hi splatch,

it is a miss in knowledge on my side but I am stuck in download the *.jar file.
I downloaded purejavacomm/purejavacomm-1.0.3.jar at master · nyholku/purejavacomm · GitHub and placed it to my openhab addon folder “Linux” /usr/share/openhab/addons
Regarding chat OH3.X Alternative Java serial provider I now should see a result by type “bundle:list | grep ConnectorIO” in the openhab console.

My problem is it will not list something … so I am wondering if you could give me a hint if i used the wrong file or would it be needed to compile on the local system?

Best, Jan

You might have downloaded the wrong file. It should be this one:

Thanks, in here might be also lack of knowledge on my side but behind the link “org.connectorio.addons.io.transport.serial.purejavacomm-3.0.0-20210705.jar” a blank page is shown. I can not see any file… any idea?

Hi, when I click on the link there is a download shown. This you need:
Maybe you have to check Pop-Up-Blocker, etc…

Used Edge instead of Chrome and it worked :pray: thanks a lot for the support.