Z-Wave Zooz ZEN24 Lightswitch - Online, but can't see status on/off in Openhab

Do you want Scott or me to get a v4 sample? He did the last one because I have no use for dimmers. (do not ask). I could get the sample & then pass it along later though if you wish.

Another option would be to get their xml file & download the manual We could then add it and @ABP could be our tester. Your preference.

Ok, cool. Thank you! This is actually a little bit of relief :smiley: Glad (or “Glad”) it’s on their end. I’ll just keep my switch as is for now. I’ll add my z-wave 4-1 sensor later today or tomorrow (or next week, who knows ,lol) and see what happens.

I’m guessing this is mostly geared towards Chris Jackson, but I’d be happy to be your guys tester if that helps. You may (and when I say ‘may’, I mean ‘probably’, lol) need to walk me through certain things though. :slight_smile:

Thanks again to everyone who has replied and helped in this thread!

2 Likes

When the device is fully discovered, OH makes an xml file in the zwave folder of userdata containing the information reported by the device.

Usually we just need a copy of that file and the remaining information is usually in the user guide available online. Otherwise we have contacts in Zooz support to get the information. The filename of the xml file contains the node number.

1 Like

Nope… I believe this was one of Bruce’s… I just ended up with the device. It looks like v4 just adds some configuration parameters. I could update the firmware of the one I have, but I have given it to my father, so it would be a week or so before I could use it to update the db. The v2 firmware (20.15?) will also make things difficult for doing something like >4.0. I wonder if that is even a valid firmware version for the device.

@ABP, if you post the xml file that was generated, one of us can add a v4 to the database. You will find it in $OPENHAB_HOME/userdata/zwave.

1 Like

Yes, I noticed this, but we could at least set the upper version to (say) 19.255 which would cover most updates for a while (on the assumption there’s no other “random” versioning going on).

1 Like

That is why we need the xml. Want me to get a sample? We have the same issue with some of their other products, I believe.

I’m not sure what you mean? Getting the XML won’t ensure that in future there are no other random version numbers will it? :confused:

No but it would help us verify the current v4 one.

Of course, but your comment above was about the other random versions. I think Scott has already asked for the V4 XML.

On second thought, can’t we just load any xml and then copy from existing device?

You mean an XML from an older version (eg v3) of this device (rather than “any” XML)? If so, then yes - if you’re really sure that there’s no other changes. It would be safest to get the new XML - to be sure, to be sure :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK… but I bet it is just config params :wink:

Yes, probably - and as I said, it’s probably fine to use the older XML if the newer one isn’t available. If the newer one is available, then it just avoids any potential fubar :slight_smile:

I’m easy though…

1 Like

Sorry I missed that morsel

Hello!

Wow! A lot of responses! Thanks everyone! It’s the weekend again, so I can play again :slight_smile:

Before I post the xml file a quick question. What is the “home ID” code in the xml file? I don’t wanna give out any personal information over the internet. I don’t see how the “home ID” would be a security risk, but maybe I’m just unaware. Thanks! Can’t wait to get this thing working. :slight_smile:

ABP

It is a randomly generated number, specific to your network. Feel free to remove it.

2 Likes

The homeID is is not a security risk. It is sent completely in the clear so anyone who wanted to hack your ZWave network who is close enough to send ZWave commands into your network can easily see this information in every packet that is sent from any of your devices.

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks!

Here’s the xml file. :slight_smile:
xml.xml (9.8 KB)

Hello! :slight_smile:

I added my Zooz ZSE40 4-1 SENSOR VER. 2.0 today and think I have the same problem as my light switch where it’s not in the database? (https://opensmarthouse.org/zwavedatabase/)

My Zooz ZSE40 4-1 SENSOR VER. 2.0 is showing up as an “unknown device” and appearing in Habpanel as “Z-Wave Node 008” (basically doing the same thing as my Zooz lightswitch). When I look at the firmware version for Node 8 under “attributes” in Habpanel it’s Firmware Version 32.2.

When I go to the database (link above) I see 3 other ZSE40’s with following firmware versions:

Firmware Version:
24.16 - 32.1

Firmware Version:
17.9 - 24.15

Firmware Version:
> 32.3

It looks like my Firmware Version (32.2) may not be in the database? 32.2 is not between 24.16 - 32.1, not between 17.9 - 24.15, and it’s not greater that 32.3.

Is it a correct assumption that the database needs to be updated with the xml file generated by my Zooz ZSE40 4-1 SENSOR VER. 2.0 (like with my lightswitch)? If so, here it is and any and all help will be greatly appreciated! :slight_smile:

network_node_8.xml (10.4 KB)

Regards!
ABP