Zberry board and Openhab can´t bind Fibaro Module

Hi @ll,
I´m a total beginner with Linux and zwave. What I did so far is using the Razberry image and was able to bind the Fibaro RGB module with the Razbery controler. This alltough was completely unstable and I had to reboot the rasberry every day to be able to control the fibaro again. This of course drives the WAF to 0 especially if its the lamp of the living room. Anyway the plan was to have the whole setup within Openhab. So today I just dismounted everything and started all over with installing a fresh raspian and openhab without installing razberry.

After fiddling arround reading a lot of posts I made it that far that habmin is telling me its online and its not giving me a error when i ask it to go into inclusion mode. I seperated the zwave loging into a seperate logfile and I can see that the initialization of the board is actually working and I see log entries flying arround. If I hit the “enable inclusion” button I get the meesage that the

[DEBUG] [.z.i.config.ZWaveConfiguration:905 ]- Controller is not ready Ignoring request to ‘binding/network/’

somebody any idea or hint and tips?

Thx a lot in advance

What version of zwave are you using? I suspect it’s a very old one and I’d recommend upgrading to the latest for starters…

The error itself means that the COM port isn’t connected.

How do I detect which version of zwave I´m using. The Razberry board is brand new actually. And I downloaded the latest versions of openhab and the addons.

Hmm - ok, maybe it’s the latest, but the log entry wording doesn’t tie up with what’s been in the binding for a log time, so it’s strange. Maybe you retyped the message and reworded it?

The version is logged in the log file when zwave starts. It’s often part of the filename as well.

Yehaaaaa… got it working. So what I did is I installed the razberry software and saw that they are doing some modfications in the boot/cmdline.txt. I read this this afternoon, but could not imagine that this is needed.


actually from this part

dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=ttyAMA0,115200 kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200
console=tty1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootfstype=ext4 elevator=deadline rootwait

the console=ttyAMA0,115200 kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200 is removed

after I installed the z-wave-server from Razberry I just stopped it and disabled the server. and finally Openhub was able to see the controller and then the inclusion was workign like a charm. So hopefully it will be stable now and the “last state” before powercut is always coming back.

Maybe this hels somebody facing the same issue.