Zigbee binding and Telegesis ETRX3USB initialization error

Hi guys,

I’ve been trying to piece together getting the Zigbee Binding to work on OH2 with the Telegesis ETRX3USB-LRS+8M.
Maybe I missed a step or broke something.

I am using the ZMEEUZB1 for Z-Wave; works perfektly for my system:
-openHAB 2.2.0-1 (Release Build)
-Pi3
I used the TRÅDFRI-Binding without any problems, which I removed in paper UI.

Process so far:
-Add Zigbee Binding in paper UI,
-Add Telegesis ETRX3USB-LRS+8M,
-enable the Java opts for ttyUSB0
(EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS="-Dgnu.io.rxtx.SerialPorts=/dev/ttyUSB0:/dev/ttyACM0")
ACM0 = Z-Wave (is working)
USB0 = ZigBee
-Config port, set baud to 57600.

The thing is still stuck on initializing even after reboots.

Much help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Bernd

You need to solve this first. Until this shows ONLINE, nothing will work. Check the log to see what is happening - you should see if the serial port is being opened or if there is an error.

Normally a Telegesis stick uses 19200 by default I think. The binding should default to the correct value that is normally used by these sticks so I’d suggest not to change it.

Thanks Chris.
I changed back to 19200 and rebooted the system.
I can see from the log file (openhab.log) that the dongle is initialized and it is indicated as online in habmin.
(2018-03-24 15:33:25.640 [INFO ] [ing.zigbee.internal.ZigBeeSerialPort] - Serial port [/dev/ttyUSB0] is initialized.)

However, the zigbee-networkaddress is 0 and current firmware version is unkown.

This seems strange for me. Where are all the major log files located?

This is correct - the network address for the coordinator in a zigbee network is always 0.

From the image, it shows the firmware version is 309C - this is the latest public version for a Telegesis stick.

Everything looks fine to me…

It will depend on your system - you should read the openhab documentation as I think there’s a section there on logging, but the folder will depend on your installation (and again, I think the installation section shows a mapping for this - at least for Linux).

You are right, it works with IKEA bulbs. I will read the documentation more carefully.

Thanks a lot Chris!

1 Like