Zigbee Binding problem after Upgrade to 2.5.1 stable

Hello everybody,

Yesterday I updated openhab to version 2.5.1 stable.
Since the update my aqara sensors are not working any longer, but other zigbee devices are working fine.
I haven’t tried to re-discover the devices yet.
Please can somebody give some advice how to solve the problem.

Openhab is running on PI4 with Openhabian image.
CC2531 Dongle is used.

@chris: Attached you’ll find the DEBUG Log.
openhab_2.5.1.log (352.4 KB)
Thank you very much in advance for checking the log.

In the past, it helped for me to put the zigbee binding in disovery mode (to find new devices), then long-press the button on the aqara sensor until the led flashes and then short-press the button several times.

Usually this helped to bring them back. I did not have to completely delete / rediscover them.

I tried the same, but the device is still offline.
So what I’ve done in the last test.

• I haven’t deleted the thing, it it remains offline in Paper UI
  • Started binding discovery mode
  • Long-Pressed button (3-4 sec) on device (00158D00041105F6) until led flashed
  • Short-Pressed button 45 sec

Attached the log file from that moment I’ve put the binding in discovery mode:
openhab_2.5.1Discovery.log (149.2 KB)

Hello!
I have the same configuration.
I had the same problem. I rolled back openhab to version 2.5.0 and my Acara ZigBee worked again. Rollback can be done in apt or aptitude, and then you can freeze these packages from updating.
Of course, this does not solve the problem completely, but at least it will restore working capacity.

1 Like

Hi,
for those how are interested in that topic. My original problem is not solved, but I switched to an Ember based Zigbee Dongle (Bitron Video) and now all my devices are working fine.

Best regards,
Ralf

Hi,

unfortunately I need to revert my last post. Even with an Ember based Dongle my setup is not working as expected.
Sometimes the dongle itself was “offline - connection error”, sometimes a device was “offline - gone”

I have decided to upgrade to the latest version to avoid any bugs that have already been fixed.
So my current setup is as follows:
Openhab 2.5.2
Dongle: Bitron Video (Ember)
Zigbee Version: Snapshot updated today (27.02.2020)

I have two Innr Smart Plugs which are working fine.
The Aqara devices are found by the binding, but the things is: Offline - Node has not completed discovery.
I am aware that the Aqara devices are not Zigbee standard devices and that they go into sleep mode very quickly.

I would like to understand a little more about the process of “adding a device”. I know there are two important times

1. When a device joins the network
  2. The device is added as thing

When the device has not completed the discovery, how can I retrigger the discovery?
Is it required to reset the device? Is it required to delete the thing and add it again?
Is enough to start the binding discovery and wakeup the device by pushing the button several times?
Some clarification around that would be very helpful.

I found this post in the forum:

Start Zigbee Discovery
Reset the Aqara device by pressing the button until the led blinks.
Press the button of the Aqara device every second.
When it shows up in PaperUI, add the device
Most of the times the device isn’t discovered completely, so
Start Zigbee Discovery again
Press the button of the Aqara device every second.
Now it should be discovered completely. If not (which isn’t the case often), start again.

And as mentioned above this post:

In the past, it helped for me to put the zigbee binding in disovery mode (to find new devices), then long-press the button on the aqara sensor until the led flashes and then short-press the button several times.
Usually this helped to bring them back. I did not have to completely delete / rediscover them.

I guess Chris explained already somewhere in the forum how to read the DEBUG log. What are the steps that need to happen in which sequence? If so, where to find it?

Best regards,
Ralf

I found the following thread in the forum, which looks very similar:

The part below is written to the log:

2020-02-28 10:19:42.487 [INFO ] [g.discovery.internal.PersistentInbox] - Added new thing ‘zigbee:device:0137F170:00158d0004116df3’ to inbox.

2020-02-28 10:19:42.755 [DEBUG] [tsystems.zigbee.ZigBeeNetworkManager] - 00158D0004116DF3: Endpoint 1. Unknown remote endpoint
2020-02-28 10:19:42.756 [DEBUG] [tsystems.zigbee.ZigBeeNetworkManager] - Incoming message from node 82D9 did not translate to command

My setup is working for a few weeks now without any issues.
In the end it worked after I’ve deleted everything and started again from the scratch. That means:

• Delete all zigbee things from Paper UI (expect the dongle itself)
  • Shutdown OH
  • Delete XML files related to the Zigbee Binding --> The cache from the Zigbee Binding
  • Cleaned the OH cache using openhab-cli clean-cache
  • Installed lastest version of the zigbee binding using the zzmanual script
  • rebooted several times
  • Started again to connect zigbee divices