Zigbee binding update to latest Zigbee libraries

Hi all,
I plan to merge an update into the zigbee binding shortly. The change in the binding is small, but it pulls in the latest zigbee libraries and there are quite a few changes there. This is being used by quite a few users in other systems, so it should be fine, but there is a change to the way the serial port works that could be an issue.

Please can people give this a test. I had intended to get my system up and running this coming weekend and test this myself, but with OH3.1 release being imminent (ie next week) I’d really like to get this merged earlier.

Thanks
Chris

1 Like

I stopped folowing “unstable” with apt after the server move some weeks ago as I did not find the time to hunt down the download urls.
That is the .kar workaround for dependencies for the snapshots
So, I guess I need the url for the .kar file

My test system run on Debian testing, Intel platform.

Edit:
.kar download is here https://ci.openhab.org/job/openHAB3-Distribution/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/distributions/openhab-addons/target/openhab-addons-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT.kar

I just installed Build #2437 and got this in my logs…

2021-06-25 19:48:01.598 [DEBUG] [nding.zigbee.serial.ZigBeeSerialPort] - Serial port [/dev/ttyACM0] is initialized.

2021-06-25 19:48:06.606 [WARN ] [.cc2531.network.ZigBeeNetworkManager] - Dongle reset failed. Assuming bootloader is running and sending magic byte 0xef.

2021-06-25 19:48:08.414 [DEBUG] [bee.handler.ZigBeeCoordinatorHandler] - Mesh Update Period 86400

This WARN is new and only started happening with the recent changes.

The coordinator is a cc2531 running the zigbee2mqtt recommended firmware. EDIT: added another 2531 with the openHAB recommended firmware and same WARN occurs. Both still come online and still appears to work, however I don’t have many devices to test with at this point so my report does not mean much sorry.

I just upgraded my dev system to latest snapshot (S2438).
No abnormalities seen since but I have not tested much, but at least an Aqara motion sensor with the iTead stick keeps working.

@chris Good work!
The UI and “zigbee backup” command is now reporting the values for PanID and networkkey that is set during the initialization of the sticks. And the values reported do not change after a openhab restart. I consider this as a major progress :smiley:

However there is something with backup/restore that I have to investigate a bit more.

Only tested so far with a network of one bulb, but many openhab restarts and with three usb-sticks (one Bitronvideo and two Itead sticks with 6.7.8 and 6.5.5 firmware).

1 Like

Thanks for testing.