Zigbee binding update to latest Zigbee libraries

Hi all,
I plan to merge an update into the zigbee binding shortly. The change in the binding is small, but it pulls in the latest zigbee libraries and there are quite a few changes there. This is being used by quite a few users in other systems, so it should be fine, but there is a change to the way the serial port works that could be an issue.

Please can people give this a test. I had intended to get my system up and running this coming weekend and test this myself, but with OH3.1 release being imminent (ie next week) Iā€™d really like to get this merged earlier.

Thanks
Chris

1 Like

I stopped folowing ā€œunstableā€ with apt after the server move some weeks ago as I did not find the time to hunt down the download urls.
That is the .kar workaround for dependencies for the snapshots
So, I guess I need the url for the .kar file

My test system run on Debian testing, Intel platform.

Edit:
.kar download is here https://ci.openhab.org/job/openHAB3-Distribution/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/distributions/openhab-addons/target/openhab-addons-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT.kar

I just installed Build #2437 and got this in my logsā€¦

2021-06-25 19:48:01.598 [DEBUG] [nding.zigbee.serial.ZigBeeSerialPort] - Serial port [/dev/ttyACM0] is initialized.

2021-06-25 19:48:06.606 [WARN ] [.cc2531.network.ZigBeeNetworkManager] - Dongle reset failed. Assuming bootloader is running and sending magic byte 0xef.

2021-06-25 19:48:08.414 [DEBUG] [bee.handler.ZigBeeCoordinatorHandler] - Mesh Update Period 86400

This WARN is new and only started happening with the recent changes.

The coordinator is a cc2531 running the zigbee2mqtt recommended firmware. EDIT: added another 2531 with the openHAB recommended firmware and same WARN occurs. Both still come online and still appears to work, however I donā€™t have many devices to test with at this point so my report does not mean much sorry.

I just upgraded my dev system to latest snapshot (S2438).
No abnormalities seen since but I have not tested much, but at least an Aqara motion sensor with the iTead stick keeps working.

@chris Good work!
The UI and ā€œzigbee backupā€ command is now reporting the values for PanID and networkkey that is set during the initialization of the sticks. And the values reported do not change after a openhab restart. I consider this as a major progress :smiley:

However there is something with backup/restore that I have to investigate a bit more.

Only tested so far with a network of one bulb, but many openhab restarts and with three usb-sticks (one Bitronvideo and two Itead sticks with 6.7.8 and 6.5.5 firmware).

1 Like

Thanks for testing.