Zigbee binding

Where could I get a stick like that? Im very interested in zigbee traffic, many new smart product in sweden use zigbee. I have some power measures from schneider electic (Wiser) which I would like to sniff.
If I have a sniffer is it possible for me to help with the progress of xiaomi aqara sensors? I would like to learn.

You can get the TI from AliBaba if you want to try that - they are about 10 or 15 Euro. If you want the CEL, then I would be happy to get one for you, program it, and send it to you. It probably costs about 60 Euro though I think (that’s just the price of the stick and postage - the sticks are around 40 GBP).

These are the ones I got for some others a while back I think -:

The older EM357 (£37)
https://www.digikey.co.uk/product-detail/en/cel/ZM357S-USB/ZM357S-USB-ND/4477124

My sniffer software and Wireshark documentation etc is here -:

If you use the TI stick, the sniffer software doesn’t work with that stick, but the Wireshark documentation is still useful.

I would be very interested to get one from you.

Ok, if you PM me your address we can sort it out. If anyone else wants one at the same time, let me know in the next day or two.

As I said yesterday everything worked fine until openhab-restart after backup tonight.
Now the dongle is uninitialized again - and these messages appear in openhab.log

2018-12-23 14:08:09.841 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.zigbee          ] - FrameworkEvent ERROR - org.openhab.binding.zigbee
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zigbee [191]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: gnu.io

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1634) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1613) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1585) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1528) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340) [?:?]
2018-12-23 14:08:09.881 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.zigbee.telegesis] - FrameworkEvent ERROR - org.openhab.binding.zigbee.telegesis
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zigbee.telegesis [196]

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1634) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1613) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1585) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1528) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340) [?:?]2018-12-23 14:09:23.653 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.zigbee-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zigbee [191]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
2018-12-23 14:09:23.666 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.zigbee.telegesis-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zigbee.telegesis [196]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
2018-12-23 14:09:33.736 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.zigbee-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

2018-12-23 14:09:33.763 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.zigbee.telegesis-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

You need to install the serial driver.

To fix this use the following console command: feature:install openhab-transport-serial

Yes I did this yesterday

Well, this is the problem you have according to the log you just posted. Or is the log an old log?

no, its from today 14:23

Ok, then this is the problem you have today, so I would suggest to use the command I posted to install the serial driver as that is the error reported in your log.

how can I avoid to install the serial driver every day?
seems that the system looses it by stopping openhab for backup

Sorry - I’m not really sure. I can sympathise with you, but this is really a framework issue and I’m not sure why it’s removing the feature. I would suggest to post a more general question in a new thread to see is someone can answer.

ok - thanks for your quick reply!!

The backup is likely removing the cache, which also removes the feature. The easiest way I know to avoid this is to install the serial binding through Paper UI. You could also reinstall it in your backup script.

ok - i’ll try it first with the serial binding.
I opened a new post in parallel:
(ZigBee Telegesis Dongle does not initialize - serial driver gets lost)
I keep it open and wait for the results by using the binding or the backup script.

You might be better off renaming this new thread to broaden the number of people who read it as this should be a general issue and not related to the Telegesis ZigBee dongle…

you saved my day: installing the serial binding in Paper UI solves this issue:
(ZigBee Binding - necessary serial driver gets lost)

That last 4 restart (after reboot) I have gotten this error during startup:

2018-12-24 00:42:41.779 [ERROR] [converter.ZigBeeConverterSwitchOnoff] - 7CB03EAA00A05370: Error 0xffff setting server binding

You can ignore this - there is a discussion about it somewhere, but it isn’t a problem and the latest binding has removed this as an error.

See this post -: