Zigbee binding

Yes, I did. It showed two issues from memory - the main one was that the devices weren’t responding to any requests, therefore weren’t being detected and didn’t go online. There is also another issue with the serial driver that is stopping that I need to look at further.

1 Like

How do you restart? When using

bundle:restart 223

my dongle doesn’t come back online again. It stays at status “unknown”.

Hi chris, I see two more commits to the library. Did you already fix this?

No - not yet :wink: (sorry).

I’ve read in another thread that you need to use a shell script in the rule to make it work, so that’s what I did.

Rule:

rule "restart zigbee binding"
when
    Time cron "0 0 * * * ? *"
then
    executeCommandLine("/etc/openhab2/scripts/restartZigbee.sh", 5000)
end

Script:

#!/bin/bash

ssh -p 8101 -i /etc/openhab2/karafkeys/openhab.id_rsa openhab@localhost 'bundle:restart org.openhab.binding.zigbee'

@AFromD Note that there also was a bug in the previous version of the binding (#74) which might have had an impact on restarting. This has been fixed in the latest version.

Ok, that is pretty much what I am doing already and which is causing my dongle to disappear. I am doing it with windows task scheduler and an ssh script, but basically it is the same thing. Doing it by hand in Karaf gives the same result.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the binding, to no avail. I am on the 2.3 snapshot.

My current workaround is to restart OH completely once per hour, which works, but takes OH offline for multiple minutes. Sometimes, zigbee stops reacting even before the hour is over though. I was hoping by just restarting the binding I could afford more frequent restarts.

It would be good if you could provide some information on the problem so there might be some chance to solve it :wink: . Have you looked at the logs at all? Do they show anything useful?

Yes, that was this post. @weakfl figured it was a known issue.

Apologies for missing this - I was on holiday at the time and not really checking the forum fully :disappointed: .

I plan to spend some more time on the Ember coordinator in the near future so hopefully I can iron out any issues…

After 2.3.0.201801061519, my devices are online but not responding. Previous version was working. No errors in log.

What is in the log when you command them?

I should add, I have found a bug which might (highly likely!) break the binding for Ember (it stopped working here when I tried the Ember!). I expect it not to work, although it was introduced a day or so back and you said it was still working after this.

I’ll do an update of the Ember driver in a few minutes…

That was strange. I had posted after another restart and test, but when I went to capture the log for you, the bulbs worked. I’ll have to dig for the log from when it wasn’t working…

OK… maybe I should just wait on this then. I did find the log entries though. And yes, everything seemed to be working well on the last version.

No need to wait - it’s done…

1 Like

I figured out how to make the restart work better. I now do

bundle:restart 25, 233

Where 25 is nrjavaserial and 233 is zigbee.Better result than when just restarting zigbee. Ember stick comes back online.

BTW I updated today around 1500 GMT and the binding did work for me.

Since the ids can change, this might be safer:

bundle:restart org.openhab.binding.zigbee, com.neuronrobotics.nrjavaserial

I just filed issue #78 for org.openhab.binding.zigbee after noting that following a fresh start (OH2) I am able to control all of my ZigBee devices, but after OH2 has been running for several hours, I can no longer control any ZigBee devices. No warnings and no errors are logged when this occurs. See the issue linked below for further details, including logs:

I’ve just merged some updates that should now allow ST motion sensors (and door sensor) to be used with Ember and TI coordinators - tested here with an ST motion sensor…

This also includes some robustness improvements for Telegesis coordinators - a timeout has been added to time out any transactions with the stick where the stick doesn’t respond within 1/2 second.

3 Likes