Zigbee binding

Hmm…
This might be a general problem on my system then. I need to ask, whenever I have installed a binding manually (copied it to the addons folder). Should I remove the file afterwards?
I tried remove a coupple of .jar files some months ago, because I read somewhere that I was suppose to remove the files after OpenHab has loaded the binding. But back then some of the bindings failed to run. So I simply let them be in the addons folder.

I think, in theory, when you drop a bundle into the addons folder, it should load and start, and when you remove it, it should be uninstalled - in my experience, it doesn’t always work that way…

I would say it’s good to check in karaf by doing a list of running bundles (or list | grep zigbee for example). Karaf has a habit of caching bundles that it (in my opinion) should have removed, so manually checking if you’re manually updating files is a good idea I think.

Just did:

openhab> list|grep -i zigbee
195 │ Active    │  80 │ 2.4.0.201808020834     │ ZigBee Binding
197 │ Active    │  80 │ 1.0.14                 │ com.zsmartsystems.zigbee
198 │ Active    │  80 │ 1.0.14                 │ com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.ember
199 │ Active    │  80 │ 2.4.0.201808020834     │ ZigBee Ember Binding
203 │ Active    │  80 │ 1.0.11                 │ com.zsmartsystems.zigbee
204 │ Active    │  80 │ 1.0.11                 │ com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.cc2531
205 │ Active    │  80 │ 1.0.11                 │ com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.ember
206 │ Active    │  80 │ 1.0.11                 │ com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.telegesis
207 │ Active    │  80 │ 1.0.11                 │ com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.xbee
250 │ Installed │  80 │ 2.3.0                  │ ZigBee Binding
251 │ Active    │  80 │ 2.3.0                  │ ZigBee CC2531 Binding
252 │ Installed │  80 │ 2.3.0                  │ ZigBee Ember Binding
253 │ Active    │  80 │ 2.3.0                  │ ZigBee Telegesis Binding
254 │ Active    │  80 │ 2.3.0                  │ ZigBee XBee Binding
openhab>

It does seem there are two com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dognle.ember bindings running… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

and also two main libraries as well (com.zsmartsystems.zigbee). It looks like the 1.0.11 version was probably installed as part of the package, and probably you installed 1.0.14 manually. Probably they aren’t all compatible, and you need to use the 14 versions with a newish version of the binding (so uninstall all the 11 versions - type uninstall 203 - 204 - 205 - etc).

Thats odd…
Removed the bindings from karaf. Rebooted and still get the same error.

These are the bindings installed rigth now:

195 │ Active    │  80 │ 2.4.0.201808020834     │ ZigBee Binding
197 │ Active    │  80 │ 1.0.14                 │ com.zsmartsystems.zigbee
198 │ Active    │  80 │ 1.0.14                 │ com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.ember
199 │ Active    │  80 │ 2.4.0.201808020834     │ ZigBee Ember Binding
250 │ Installed │  80 │ 2.3.0                  │ ZigBee Binding
251 │ Installed │  80 │ 2.3.0                  │ ZigBee CC2531 Binding
252 │ Installed │  80 │ 2.3.0                  │ ZigBee Ember Binding
253 │ Installed │  80 │ 2.3.0                  │ ZigBee Telegesis Binding
254 │ Installed │  80 │ 2.3.0                  │ ZigBee XBee Binding
openhab>

Looks good to me, but seaching for zigbee devices PaperUI still can´t find the coordinator.

You still have 2 ZigBee bindings loaded and 2 Ember bindings loaded… You probably should uninstall all the old ones (ie 2.3 versions).

Even if they´re not active?

I suspect it is confusing the service resolution. I could be wrong, but in any case, the error is normally caused by having multiple bundles loaded, so I would suggest to address this first.

Or is there a reason you just want to keep both versions loaded? :confused:

None at all. I thought I got rid of the 2.3.0 when I unstalled the binding through PaperUI some weeks ago… I have no idea why the heck it has returned.
I removed all the old (stable) bindings, leaving me with 2.4.xxx as well as 1.0.14 for the Ember…
Just another reboot I guess.

195 │ Active   │  80 │ 2.4.0.201808020834     │ ZigBee Binding
197 │ Active   │  80 │ 1.0.14                 │ com.zsmartsystems.zigbee
198 │ Active   │  80 │ 1.0.14                 │ com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.ember
199 │ Active   │  80 │ 2.4.0.201808020834     │ ZigBee Ember Binding
openhab>

Rebooted and this time no errors. And now I got my coordinator back again, thank you, Chris. Next time I´ll start looking through Karafe console first :smile:

I think this is wise :slight_smile: . It seems to cause quite a few issues like this so it’s always a good place to start looking…

Guess what…
I got the Trust motion sensor added included channels this time: :grin:

:slight_smile:

(I also have one arriving in the next day for testing :sunglasses: …).

@chris, I was testing the install script and tried the 1.1.0 libraries, which obviously isn’t ready yet, but when I rolled back, my channels were all changed. switch_level is replaced with dimmer, and switch was added. I haven’t tried deleting the XMLs yet, but is this a breaking change that will come with 1.1.0?

I guess you wont need the xml file then :smile:

Well, it has three channels (as you can see in the screendump). One for battery, (still waiting for update on this). And one for intrusion, which I can´t seem to trigger. And one for Presence, which is working just fine.

EDIT - I was a bit too fast on the above.
Presence does trigger, but it doesnt seem like it will release the trigger again… Thats a odd motion detector I would say.

No - I’m not sure what would have caused that. The changes in the library are pretty small - just some return types that I improved, and added some more methods. I wouldn’t have thought it could even run as the method definitions are different enough that I’m pretty sure it would have thrown some exceptions (method not found sort of thing).

No, but if it’s detected, and it sound like it’s working, then it can stay in its box…

This might not do anything. The binding works by providing all channels that might be supported. The standard doesn’t provide a way to know if there are two channels implemented or just one (at least, not that I’m aware of) so it provides both.

You probably didnt see my edited message…
The Presence detection works, almost!. But It doesnt seem like it will release the trigger again.

ZigBee does set a flag to notify if it will reset the motion/presence after some time. Currently the binding doesn’t do anything with that flag, but it could use it if needed.

Maybe I’ll get the device out of the box and have a look when it arrives…

It didn’t run. Coordinator did not start (didn’t check logs). My channels now all look like this…

Where they were like this, so my items are no longer linked…

{channel="zigbee:device:9b51c72d:7ce52400000aec01:7CE52400000AEC01_1_switch_level"}