Zigbee binding

We can add this to the binding documentation, but clearly the designers of this stick clearly did not want people to use it outside of their software and it is not supported by many OS’s by default. Also, the VID, or at least the PID may change, so I think there is no 100% way to guarantee this.

Please feel free to create a PR to the docs though :slight_smile: .

Done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve approved and will merge once the CI runs.

I’m getting a new error since the last milestone:

2018-12-18 06:12:44.985 [ERROR] [converter.ZigBeeConverterSwitchOnoff] - 7CB03EAA00AF1CEE: Error 0xffff setting server binding

The Zigbee network itself seems to work. What can I do to resolve the issue? Should I set the binding to debug logging, or is the error known?
Thanks!

Yes. The issue is not likely to be directly a binding issue, but without the log, it’s hard to see what is happening!

New in recent zigbee versions I’ve got a smart outlet that the active power channel is no longer updating. From the logs you can see everything come online - it says it initiates polling of the activepower channel/requests the data but I never see the data come back and the value stays null. This was working previously. Unfortnately I’m not exactly certain when it stopped working - I know it was possibly around the zigbee release where this device switched to exposing a dimmer channel rather than a switch channel. 286d97000100a0d1 is the id of the device in question - it is a Samjin outlet. (samsung smartthings outlet). Let me know if I can get you any other information.

As a side note I too am experiencing that error setting server binding mentioned above on two of my smart outlets and one switch controller - though each of these appear to operate correctly. I can try to get logs on that as well if more are needed.

The binding is requesting the data, but the device is saying it is not supported.

This hasn’t changed - ever. Github shows the last change to the refresh of this code was 11 months ago.

Voltage seems to work ok -:

I don’t see these in the log, so it would be good to have this as well.

Thanks.

Hi Chris - I’ve attached a copy of logs showing the failed server binding message.

Re the message above: I noticed that this stopped working on the 15th of this month via persistence database… that was shortly after I upgraded to M8 (did that a few hours prior to that) Anyway - do you think its possible its started detecting a different attribute type? I can try to look for old logs if you can give me a pointer to where all of the attributes are listed perhaps? Otherwise I’m really at a loss about this. Only other thing i can thing is perhaps an over the air update occurred on the device? Thanks for all of your help!

Without logs showing what was working, I don’t know. All I can say is that the converter hasn’t changed for 11 months. This is where the attribute is defined, so I think I can safely say that the binding isn’t any different in this respect.

I’d just need to see logs of what he binding was sending when polling (so 30 minutes of logs should do).

Hi there,

since update to OH2.4 I’m struggling exactly with the same problem

What is the actual problem it’s causing? Or is it just the warning you’re worried about?

Chris - I’ve got some logs for you. I’ve got an extra telegesis coordinator laying around so I just did a quick fresh install of openhab 2.3.0 release and added the device. the link below will take you to the log file showing the active power channel working. Thanks so much!

So every time you press the switch, you get these errors about the binding? That is quite strange as the binding is only done on startup :confused:

(Please also use code fences, or the </> button to format logs)

Thanks. It looks to me like this is not a major issue. It looks like the bind is working ok, but the system is not properly correlating the response, so we are seeing this error. I will take a look at this, but I do see a positive response from the device.

Eg -:

(ignore the attribute report that was received here - it’s not relevant to the bind transaction)

This resulted in the following error after the 10 second timeout -:

2018-12-18 19:40:23.819 [ERROR] [converter.ZigBeeConverterSwitchOnoff] - 282C02BFFFE022B8: Error 0xffff setting server binding

Clearly this bind was successfully acknowledged by the device, but the library didn’t correlate the response.

I think this can therefore be ignored for now.

1 Like

No the error message is after starting openhab.
The switches are power outlets. By turning them on or off in the App nothing happens.

This has nothing to do with the error then as the bind command is for reporting changes made to the physical device back to the binding.

so what should I do now?

I would suggest to look at the logs to see if it shows anything.

These are the error messages in the log file after reboot:

2018-12-20 21:36:52.369 [ERROR] [org.apache.felix.scr                ] - bundle org.apache.felix.scr:2.1.2 (39)Circular reference detected trying to get service {org.eclipse.smarthome.io.net.http.TrustManagerProvider}={service.id=124, service.bundleid=192, service.scope=bundle, component.name=org.openhab.binding.icloud.internal.to_be_moved.TrustManagerProviderImpl, component.id=15}
 stack of references: ServiceReference: {org.eclipse.smarthome.io.net.http.TrustManagerProvider}={service.id=124, service.bundleid=192, service.scope=bundle, component.name=org.openhab.binding.icloud.internal.to_be_moved.TrustManagerProviderImpl, component.id=15}
ServiceReference: {org.eclipse.smarthome.io.net.http.HttpClientFactory, org.eclipse.smarthome.io.net.http.WebSocketFactory}={service.id=153, service.bundleid=118, service.scope=bundle, component.name=org.eclipse.smarthome.io.net.http.internal.WebClientFactoryImpl, component.id=43}
2018-12-20 21:37:52.025 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method 'ThingHandler.thingUpdated()' on 'org.openhab.binding.zigbee.telegesis.handler.TelegesisHandler@466cc8': null
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
	at com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.app.discovery.ZigBeeDiscoveryExtension.extensionShutdown(ZigBeeDiscoveryExtension.java:96) ~[?:?]
	at com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.ZigBeeNetworkManager.shutdown(ZigBeeNetworkManager.java:529) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.zigbee.handler.ZigBeeCoordinatorHandler.dispose(ZigBeeCoordinatorHandler.java:303) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler.thingUpdated(BaseThingHandler.java:206) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.zigbee.handler.ZigBeeCoordinatorHandler.thingUpdated(ZigBeeCoordinatorHandler.java:315) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.zigbee.telegesis.handler.TelegesisHandler.thingUpdated(TelegesisHandler.java:86) ~[?:?]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:?]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:53) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]
2018-12-20 21:38:01.198 [ERROR] [ngle.telegesis.ZigBeeDongleTelegesis] - Unable to configure Telegesis dongle

Can you describe your problem - does anything work at all, or is it just that the switches don’t work?

This error is logged during the shutdown of the binding - it has already been fixed, but I’m not sure it should matter given it’s during the shutdown. You could try updating the libraries to 1.1.7 using @5ivers update script as it should stop this error.