Zigbee binding

Which means yes or no? :slight_smile:

The missing bundles that are causing the exception are not listed… (ie ember and telegesis)

Yep = yes… But second thought, no… Cause as you said, the missing bundles isnt there… Just looked. they got pulled to 1Kbyte in size… Something went wrong… Wonder why…
I´ll try again.

Just tried again… The two files got pulled at 1Kb in size again… Are you sure there isn´t a mistake in these files from the server from where they gets copied?

I’ll check…

Yep - something went wrong with the upload to bintray. I’ll need to work out how to update this now…

Yell and I´ll try again when ready.

Try now - it looks like it’s deployed properly now.

Looks alot better.

openhab> bundle:list -s |grep -i zig
284 x Active   x  80 x 1.1.9                  x com.zsmartsystems.zigbee
285 x Active   x  80 x 2.5.0.201901121331     x org.openhab.binding.zigbee
286 x Active   x  80 x 2.5.0.201901121331     x org.openhab.binding.zigbee.xbee
287 x Active   x  80 x 2.5.0.201901121331     x org.openhab.binding.zigbee.cc2531
288 x Active   x  80 x 1.1.9                  x com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.telegesis
289 x Active   x  80 x 1.1.9                  x com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.cc2531
290 x Active   x  80 x 1.1.9                  x com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.xbee
291 x Active   x  80 x 2.5.0.201901121331     x org.openhab.binding.zigbee.ember
292 x Active   x  80 x 2.5.0.201901121331     x org.openhab.binding.zigbee.telegesis
293 x Active   x  80 x 1.1.9                  x com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.ember
openhab>

And zigbee is running again.

Thanks - I’m not sure what happened with the deployment, but it seems ok now :slight_smile:

It does…
And everything works, except the Trust motion sensor. It still doesnt send responds to openhab.

That’s expected as I’ve not really changed anything - I’ve just added more debug. I want to see the debug to see if it provides some clues as to what is happening.

Here you go…
Latest 8-10 minutes of the log is where I updated the binding and lib… Apox time 23:22
zigbee.log.rar.txt (354.4 KB)

Do you need the Wireshark file as well?

No - not right now at least. Let me take a look over this, but from what I saw earlier, the device was sending data, but for some reason the library, or the binding, wasn’t processing it.

Wow I’m so impressed with all the activity and attention here.
Just got at couple of CC2531 USB dongles from Aliexpress and fighting to get them working with the zigbee binding.
I have flashed them with CC2531ZNP-Pro-Secure_LinkKeyJoin_mod.hex using an Arduino (there for the modified .hex file)
After a bit of struggle I got them working with zigbee2mqtt and a TRADFRI bulb, but I just can’t get them to pair using the OH binding.
I am using OH 2.4 with the 2.4 zigbee binding, running on a RPi3 with openhabian.
It’s neighbour to a zwave.me usb dongle.
OH seems to detect the CC2531 dongle and it displays it as the coordinator and online in PaperUI.
But when I try to do an pairing/inclusion it just comes up empty every time.

I did do the 6 time power cycle to reset the bulb and bring it in to pairing mode, just as I did when paired with zigbee2mqtt.
I have also tried with a dimmer, but also with no success.

Only difference I can think of was that the zigbee2mqtt test was done on my laptop.

Could it be interference from the Pi or maybe the zwave.me dongle?
Or maybe the TRADFRI gateway which is also close to the RPi.

Hope some one can spread some light on the problem for me, or maybe point me in some direction, because right now I’m out of ideas.

(att. log from a pairing attempt)zigbee1.log (7.9 KB)

Ahmm… @Chris, the Trust motion sensor respond now… I have not done anything…

Ok, I don’t see anything in the logs…

However, I’m not super surprised. The problem I could see earlier is that there was no notification from the low level libraries to the binding. This is a feature that does generally work, so I would expect that if you restart, it would likely work again (unfortunately).

Something may stop it working - maybe something the binding does with reinitialising the thing or something. I can’t see how that is happening, but there was definitely an issue there.

Leave the logging as it is, and if we have similar problems in future, then let’s see what it might show.

Okay… I would be surprise if it doesnt stop responding again very soon… Then we´ll have log files as well as the sniffer if needed.

Maybe, but let’s see if it’s the same issue :wink: Anyway, if it stops working, send over the logs and I’ll see what I can find :slight_smile: .

Sure…
I can easily spot this, cause I have a rule for DateTime trigger on all motion sensors. Then I know when last triggering happened. Without this, I would either have to go trough logfiles or sit forever and watch the triggering.

Notice the last one bottom right. it´s the Trust motion sensor :slight_smile:

1 Like

Strange thing when looking for the binding in karaf:
openhab> bundle:list | grep -i zig
268 │ Active │ 80 │ 1.1.6 │ com.zsmartsystems.zigbee
269 │ Active │ 80 │ 1.1.6 │ com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.cc2531
270 │ Active │ 80 │ 1.1.6 │ com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.ember
271 │ Active │ 80 │ 1.1.6 │ com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.telegesis
272 │ Active │ 80 │ 1.1.6 │ com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.xbee
273 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.4.0 │ ZigBee Binding
274 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.4.0 │ ZigBee CC2531 Binding
275 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.4.0 │ ZigBee Ember Binding
276 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.4.0 │ ZigBee Telegesis Binding
277 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.4.0 │ ZigBee XBee Binding

Is that normal to both the 1.1.6 and the 2.4.0 binding?
If I remove the binding in PaperUI, both bindings disappear in karaf…