ZigBee Coordinator - Port not working....(+Things not removing)

Hi @chris,
in the recent months i built a testing RPI machine that perfectly startet my TI2531 coordinator. So after some testing i brought the stick to my “live” machine. I know the port /dev/ttyACM0 but whatever i do it simply says failed to open communication port…

After much of testing i now ended up with 1 coordinator that is in REMOVING that never vanishes (even after reboot) and another one that is OFFLINE but set correctly…

What is the safest way to get rid of these THINGS and start from scratch? Would a removal of the binding and reenter help, or these “dead bodies” would stay the same place. Where could i remove them the hard way by changing config files directly?

The other question, any idea what could be the problem if i see the ACM0 Port correctly (set the same BAUD rate as on the testing machine) but still no communication to the port?

Best Regards and many thanks for your thoughts…
Norbert

If your efforts through PaperUI are simply not working, you can manually remove the entry from the JSONDB. Here be dragons. You need to be very careful to not accidentally delete too much or leave parts of this Thing behind or you will corrupt all your Things. Look into and make sure you understand JSON before proceeding.

1. Stop openHAB
  2. Open /var/lib/openhab2/jsondb/org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.Thing.json
  3. Find the JSON entry that defines the coordinators (that random string at the end of the Thing ID would be a good search term. The entry will look something like
  "zigbee:coordinator_ember:a38f078d": {
    "class": "org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.BridgeImpl",
    "value": {
      "label": "Zigbee Coordinator",
      "channels": [],
      "configuration": {
        "properties": {
          "zigbee_port": "/dev/ttyUSB1",
          blah blah blah
        }
      },
      "properties": {
        "zigbee_logicaltype": "COORDINATOR",
        "zigbee_lastupdate": "",
        "zigbee_networkaddress": "0",
        "zigbee_neighbors": "[]",
        "firmwareVersion": "5.4.1.0",
        "zigbee_routes": "[{\"next_hop\":\"0\",\"destination\":\"0\",\"state\":\"INACTIVE\"}]",
        "zigbee_devices": "[]"
      },
      "uid": {
        "segments": [
          "zigbee",
          "coordinator_ember",
          "a38f078d"
        ]
      },
      "thingTypeUID": {
        "segments": [
          "zigbee",
          "coordinator_ember"
        ]
      },
      "location": "Office"
    }
  },

Delete the whole entry. Note the comma after the last “}”, you need to delete that too.

Define “see the port correctly.” What error do you see in the logs? Does the openhab user have permission to read/write to /dev/ttyACM0?

oh Thanks!!!
did remove DB entries before, so that should work for me. Is it only mentioned once or i have to search in mutliple positions?
Why is PaperUI not capable of duing the removal. I at least remember that I did remove things before successfully (i hope i remember right :slight_smile: )

I have to check the logs when back home, but the user is in the dialout group.
Ive just seen that people did change to 666 via chmod on /dev/tty…

Does that make sense, to me it looks little too brute force?

There is only one entry per Thing. However, if you have any Items linked to it’s Channels, you may need to edit org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.link.ItemChannelLink.json to remove the links.

The JSONDB file is probably slightly corrupt or there is some other issue with the file. You probably need to be prepared to restore the file from a backup if this manual delete doesn’t work.

This is irrelevant to the JSONDB files.