Zigbee device discovery

the serial binding is installed by PaperUI
the others by add-on folder:
com.zsmartsystems.zigbee-1.1.7.jar
com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.telegesis-1.1.7.jar
org.openhab.binding.zigbee-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.openhab.binding.zigbee.telegesis-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
all dated by 22.12.2018

The last stable build is available from the CI server here.

I guess your runtime is also from last year? I think you might have said you have 2.4 although I can’t find that now as there is too many logs. If so, you may need to update to 2.5M2 and in any case this is probably a good route.

The solution is to delete the things at PaperUI, to make a reset of each thing and add it again by the Inbox of PaperUI.
I don’t know what caused the problem and why this is the solution but it works. The only challenge is to reset Osram light bulbs without a wallswitch.
The Zigbee configuration was running for almost 1 year without any changes and without any problems … until last Friday

I tried the newest versions of the bindings I listed above, but the Telegesis Stick didn’t initialize.

Do you mean that it didn’t talk to the coordinator at all? The latest version is definitely working ok and is recommended. If it doesn’t work for you, then please provide a logfile rather than reverting back. If you simply change back to the old version, your problem will not be resolved.

I didn’t expect it would impact the network - the suggestion to update to the newer version was to improve the transaction management to prevent the errors you reported in the log.

I suspect that somewhere along the line the devices left the network - it’s impossible to know why, but they were not responding to the coordinator. That’s about all we can tell without a sniffer log.

Also issues here with the M2 version:

NotificationServer is shutdown

I upgraded to the snapshot and at least that error went away. But the Ember thing never becomes Initialized, but stays in Unknown.

Here are the logs: gist:60ca4e9efb840ded7708cbbb04d1415e · GitHub

After that nothing happens anymore.

I noticed that the thing always grabs the wrong serial port (the one of the z-wave stick). For the logs above I chose the custom port /dev/ttyZIGBEE manually. I bet this is lost again after restart.

Best regards,
Stefan