Zigbee devices suddenly stopped working

Hi I am using the openhab version 2.5.7 and the zigbee CC2531 coordinator.
I use the mqtt binding + broker misc to communicate to my zigbee divices.
It all worked fine, but since 2 days all zigbee divices are marked as offline.
Here is the log after reboot. I hope someone can help me.
Log after reboot

So you use the zigbee2mqtt binding, correct? If so please remove the zigbee tag since it is for the official Zigbee binding which has a different developer,.

I’m sry. I removed it

1 Like

No worries. I help the Zigbee developer, mainly with his Z-Wave binding though.

Have you tried restarting your computer, or whatever is running openHAB and zigbee2mqtt?

Some thoughts. Can you:

• Confirm that zigbee2mqtt is running?
  • Confirm that zigbee2mqtt is connected to your MQTT broker?
  • Confirm that your MQTT broker is running?
  • Confirm that openHAB’s MQTT binding is running?
  • Confirm that openHAB is connected to your MQTT broker via a Bridge Thing?

I’d start with these first. Perhaps also check that you have enough resources on your computer to run all this (enough RAM, for instance). If you’re using a Raspberry Pi, you may also want to see if your SD card is wearing out.

So i just reset my RPi + openhab. I tried using the mqtt binding and the zigbee binding. None of them worked. I feel like I’m doing sth wrong while setting up the dongle. The LED on the dongle is glowing until openhab tries to initalize it. After that its just off.

I’d start with these first. Perhaps also check that you have enough resources on your computer to run all this (enough RAM, for instance). If you’re using a Raspberry Pi, you may also want to see if your SD card is wearing out.

I got a RPi 4 with 4GB Ram. Do i have to “add” the ram to openhab? And the SD card got enough space left
Btw, I’m sry for my bad english. I hope you guys understand what I mean

Unless you’ve specifically asked for the LED to turn off in zigbee2mqtt’s YAML configuration file, it should stay on. Mine is a green LED, always on, and super bright!

So it sounds like something is interfering with zigbee2mqtt. What MQTT broker are you using? Have you updated anything recently?

We don’t know what else you’re running on this Pi, but it’s very unlikely to be a RAM issue if you have 4GB! And for the SD card, it’s more about wear: is it old?

Mine is a green LED, always on, and super bright!

Yeah i know, that is how it should be and it was like that before the stick stopped working. The LED just turns off and openhab can’t initialize the stick. I think the main issue is that the stick doesn’t work, because it won’t work with the zigbee binding either.

What MQTT broker are you using? Have you updated anything recently?

I use the MQTT Broker Moquette (the one you can install at addons/misc). I just added Alexa with the openhab skill. Everything worked for 5-10 mins and then the zigbee stick stopped.

Have you tried undoing that change to see what happens? I’m afraid I don’t use Alexa, so don’t know the implications. Just sounds like something is interfering with zigbee2mqtt, or the port that the cc2531 is attached to. Maybe a permissions issue?

Does it now just not work? Or does it still work after a restart for 5 minutes, and then stop? Might be worth checking the logs over that entire period and seeing what happens just before the stick switches offline.

When it doesn’t work, is zigbee2mqtt still running fine?

Its fixed now. I bought a new ZigBee Stick and everything is back to normal