Zigbee - Serial Error: Port /dev/ttyACM1 does not exist

Hi,

I followed Zigbee binding installation, read maany topics regarding problem, but still nothing help.
I am on OMV with Debian GNU/Linux 9.5
I’ve checked:

• openhab in dialout and tty group:
    crw-rw-rw- 1 root dialout 166, 1 wrz 29 18:00 /dev/ttyACM1
  • EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS="-Dgnu.io.rxtx.SerialPorts=/dev/ttyACM1" and visible in systemctl status openhab2.service
  • Reinstalled binding
  • Rebooted
  • Check dmesg for device name
  • feature:install openhab-transport-serial -> done

Anything else?

And what did it say? /dev/ttyACM1 is only one possibility.

Zigbee module is assigned to this part. ACM0 is Bluetooth and ACM2 is ZWave.

On my RPi, my Z-Wave is /dev/ttyUSB0 and my Zigbee is dev/ttyUSB1 This is on Raspbian which is based on Debian.
I am only using Z-Wave currently. I am using a HUSBZB-1 stick.

I get message only for Zigbee module that is not exist. Is there a possibility to check manually if dongle is flashed properly? (Try a connetion or something…) I’ve flashed it with tutorial and everything seemed to be fine. Info from logs:

[ 2.760089] usb 1-2: new full-speed USB device number 3 using xhci_hcd
[ 2.913684] usb 1-2: New USB device found, idVendor=0451, idProduct=16a8
[ 2.913689] usb 1-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[ 2.913692] usb 1-2: Product: TI CC2531 USB CDC
[ 2.913695] usb 1-2: Manufacturer: Texas Instruments
[ 2.913698] usb 1-2: SerialNumber: __0X00124BXXXXXXX
[ 13.195844] cdc_acm 1-2:1.0: ttyACM1: USB ACM device

Which version of OH?

openhab2: 2.5.0~S1704-1

Try OH 2.4?

I rather do not want to do a mess with my config files during revert. A question is why it’s not working on last snapshot. Did I miss somethig ?

The snapshot is unstable. Things are expected to be broken.

I strongly suggest not to change back to 2.4. This will not ultimately solve any issue if there is a problem with the binding, and 2.4 is now very old and there have been a lot of improvements.

I also think it’s unlikely that using the 2.4 binding will solve this issue, and I think that the problem is unlikely to be in the binding since the binding doesn’t directly access the serial ports.

Sure. Do you have idea what to check next ?

No - sorry. Normally these sort of issues are related to things that your messages indicate you’ve already checked, so I’m not sure why it’s not providing this port.

1 Like

So, you think there is no hope ?? ;/. Maybe there is something with a dongle? Can I check it somehow if it’s properly flashed with any program?

Since it is not working with OH, it likely is not properly flashed.

In logs it seems is properly recognized:

[ 3.748029] usb 1-6.1: new full-speed USB device number 6 using xhci_hcd
[ 3.873239] usb 1-6.1: New USB device found, idVendor=0451, idProduct=16a8
[ 3.873242] usb 1-6.1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[ 3.873244] usb 1-6.1: Product: TI CC2531 USB CDC
[ 3.873246] usb 1-6.1: Manufacturer: Texas Instruments

This just means that the USB device arbitration worked - this means that the USB works, and the device was recognised. It doesn’t mean that the device works, or that there is any firmware loaded.

1 Like

First time I go with procedure from https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/zigbee/
Second time I’ve try https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/getting_started/flashing_the_cc2531.html
Should I try another flash program configuration?

I am not very familiar with these devices - the Chinese copies tend to be quite poor quality and I’ve seen a few posts recently where people found they don’t work.

Most of my work is with the Ember derived chipsets - maybe someone else will be able to help further with the TI chipset.

I perform procedure ZigBee - Bindings | openHAB again.
Flash with proper firmware version. I’ve tested with Z-Tool and I was able to connect and change color of a light, so it seems that dongle was properly flashed.
When connected I’m still getting an error:

Serial Error: Port /dev/ttyACM2 does not exist.
Failed to open the dongle.

Anyone with CC2531 can help?