ZigBee Binding - necessary serial driver gets lost

feature:install openhab-transport-serial

gets lost because of restart of openhab after backup.
Due to this the telegesis dongle is uninitialized after restart.

ZSS is 1.1.7 and Snapshot is 2.5.0

How can I avoid to install the serial driver every day?
See also post: (Zigbee binding - #1711 by chris)

Just for context from the previous discussion. The error seen is -:

2018-12-23 14:08:09.841 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.zigbee          ] - FrameworkEvent ERROR - org.openhab.binding.zigbee
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zigbee [191]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: gnu.io

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1634) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1613) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1585) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1528) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340) [?:?]

This indicates that the serial feature is not installed after the backup. This is not linked to the ZigBee binding, or Telegesis dongle etc, but is an issue with the framework, or local configuration.

I don’t know if this is related but when I very first started using openHAB, I had trouble getting bindings to reload. Found a tip somewhere to add the binding names to addons.cfg and went merrily on my way. Here is an example of the line I added to addons.cfg

# A comma-separated list of bindings to install (e.g. "binding = sonos,knx,zwave")
binding = ntp,network,hue,lifx,expire1

Later couldn’t find the name of the expire binding to add to the file and asked for help. I was told the bindings not reloading was a bug and that I should have reported it. (really?? I was a total beginner) Later I got a new computer to run openHAB on and loaded a newer version of openHAB in Linux and the bindings began reloading on it’s own

Anyhow, here is the thread:

just figured I’d mention all this here because it was bindings not reloading that sent me down this path, seems odd and maybe related

Install of the serial binding in Paper UI solves this issue.
See this post: (Zigbee binding)
But still there is the question why the installation at openhab console gets lost.