Zigbee2mqtt revisited: No more ugly transformations

First post and

Sorry, I should have been clearer when asking: I don’t get the ITEMS part specifically.
I understand how “thing” references mqtt channel.
E.g. zigee2mqtt//… etc

But having defined things, why does one need to reference items like this:
“mqtt:topic:broker:0x00158d00015aa9b5:click”
And sometimes like this:
“mqtt:topic:mosquitton:osramrgbbulb:color”
?

It’s up to you how you define the channels:

This post is about getting rid of transformations:

experimental:
  output: attribute

Do items reference channels directly, or rather channels within things (not really via mqtt)?

1 Like

What version of openhab do you use?
i have the problem with 2.5.2 that i get a value with dezimals.

%s is not working :frowning:

Sorry for the delay, I use 2.5.2 without any problems

do you use the docker container ore do you have installed on a raspberry?

I use openhabian on a rasperypi

1 Like

Has someone already successfully added the Xiaomi vibration sensor DJT11LM without an „ugly transformation“?

Can any one recommend me good hardware to get started with zigbee2mqttt. It some of the hardware sold on Amazon has bad ratings. That’s why I wanted to ask for advice which hardware to get

I bought all my stuff from here:
https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=AS_20200407035655&SearchText=cc2531+zigbee2mqtt

May have to wait on shipping but much cheaper. :wink:

1 Like

Or from here. If you want a a device that in my case covers 4 floors with battery devices and without a repeater. And not like the CC2531 that hardly reached the devices on the same floor.

2 Likes

if you plan to operate many devices via zigbee, I would advise you to use this:

http://www.ti.com/tool/LAUNCHXL-CC26X2R1
or
https://www.ti.com/store/ti/en/p/product/?p=LAUNCHXL-CC1352P-2

i have changed from CC2531 to the CC1352P-2

i have 53 devices now, it is really stable and it will be more in the next time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I do not have multi floors but home is 4000sqft with CC2531 centrally located and it reaches all devices.

I do like options so thanks to you and @mpuff for the links. :+1:

First of all thank you all for the great recommendations. Really appreciate the advice.

@frankie.delure when using the device you mentioned, is there anything special I need to be aware of when setting everything up?

Does this plug directly to USB? Or do you need to solder special connectors to get it up and running? Thanks.

1 Like

it has an micro usb port, you need to solder one smb if you want to use an external antenna with the CC1352P-2, default it use an internal like the CC2531.
The other one has only an internal antenna, but more powerfull like the CC2531 if you need it.

It is often the case that there are always new devices and with the time you have so many that an upgrade is better or invested in better hardware before.

there is nothing worse than when the network is overloaded and problems start

This is not soldering work that can be done with normal equipment. The soldering joint is much too small for that. I gave it to a work colleague who also printed a case for a bottle of gin. I would have certainly screwed it up.

yes that is true, it is not easy, i have also asked which equipment is the best to resolder this smb in the zigbee2mqtt forum.
with an normal soldering iron it is not possible without to damage the board.

this should be only an info that it is possible, i was thinking i only need to plug an external antenna to the plug on the board and it is working, but no :neutral_face:

But also with the internal antenna, this board can handle 200 direct connected devices (without router devices), and this is much more than the CC2531.