"Zipato / Philio PSE02 indoor siren" zwave binding OH1

I´m trying to configure the PSE02 siren with latest zwave binding (1.9.x snapshot).
Unfortunately there are no configuration parameters visible in Habmin (just “Configuration parameters” without any possibility to edit), although the item database on Chris´ page contains some parameters like 7 or 29.
The “PSE02”.xml inside the binding is empty. any idea why?

Thx!

From the issue, it looks like the configuration wasn’t initially added -:

If you can update the database then we can get this updated in the binding.

I assumed config parameters are already there as shown in the device list within the database??

Thanks!

As you already found, there are no configuration parameters in the OH1 database. If all the parameters are in the online database now, then I can export an updated database - I assumed that maybe all the parameters weren’t in the database though since it seems to be a random collection of numbers, but if that’s all of them then no problem.

Great, Chris! Can you start the export? Will the new binding be available on cloudbees then?

BTW: I´ve checked the manual, there are exactly three config parameters as listed on your page, so nothing to add yet.

Ok, sounds good. I’ll update this tonight and it should hopefully be in the update on cloudbees tomorrow.

1 Like

Chris, could you kindly help me on setting the right alert type on this siren?

I´ve read this: Zipato Siren Vesternet

They say the siren is using the “NOTIFICATION” command class instead of “SWITCH_MULTILEVEL” for setting different alert types.(although mentioned in the manual)
I´ve also read the OH wiki about different command classes, there is no single word about “NOTIFICATION”, but on GitHub there are several topics where you manage the update of this command class. Notification

Any hint for me how to use it?

Again… Thanks for your great job!

Firstly, ALARM is the same as NOTIFICATION - it’s just that Sigma renamed the command class when they changed the versions.

Currently it’s not possible to send alerts though - the binding only receives notifications. There is an issue open on this for exactly this purpose, but I’ve not implemented it yet.

1 Like

oh,ok…do you olan this in the near future?

anything I can help on?

I’ll take a look at it in the coming days.

I’ve added code, and a new channel to support this. Please let me know if it works - I have a suspicion that the device might not report that it supports the ALARM/NOTIFICATION class and this might require a further addition somewhere.

To use, you should be able to send a number from 1 to 6.

FYI @thopiekar

Awesome @chris! And thank you for mentioning me here :wink:

Is there a little code snippet you could share? E.g. how to send a number via recipe or script?
I checked the commit message and also tried to understand the diff on GitHub, but without any luck.

Thanks again!

You should be able to able to set the item to a number between 1 and 6 to start the different sounds. I guess this can be done through a rule or a sitemap with a selection widget.

Ok, so the should be a new channel for my siren, isn’t it?
I updated to the latest snapshot, but can’t see any new channel. There is only the binary_switch which simply turns on the siren on/off.

For the system to pick up the new configuration, you need to delete the thing, and add it back in again…

Like you’ve expected, it seems that there is more work needed to make it work.

Sitemap snippet:

Selection item=zwave_device_a831d790_node25_notification_send mappings=[1=SMOKE, 2=ACCESS_CONTROL, 3=BURGLAR, 4=EMERGENCY_1, 5=EMERGENCY_2, 6=EMERGENCY_3]```

You can find the logs at: https://www.myqnapcloud.com/smartshare/69237gkn4l6p7008uv2z1x3c_6YpmqT1
under logs/NotificationTest. At around 20:52 (18:52 in the logs?) I set notification_send from 1 to 6 two times.

Regards :)

I’m pretty sure it’s what I thought would happen. Since this device doesn’t advertise the command class, it’s not found during initialisation, and therefore it can’t be used. I’ll add an update to the database to force the command class.

I found a bug in the database export that was generating an incorrect data type. I’ll update the binding shortly with new definitions.

Thanks! At the moment I’m fighting again with my updated snapshot.
I can’t install the Basic UI and seeing a lot of ERRORs in the logs. Trying build #518 now instead of #519.

Know this is offtopic, but I get a lot of these messages here:

2016-10-08 09:48:52.464 [ERROR] [ore.internal.events.OSGiEventManager] - Dispatching/filtering event for subscriber 'org.eclipse.smarthome.core.events.EventSubscriber' failed: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/openhab/core/compat1x/internal/TypeMapper
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/openhab/core/compat1x/internal/TypeMapper
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)[:1.8.0_65]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:206)[:1.8.0_65]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller.callAsynchronous(SafeMethodCaller.java:186)[98:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.9.0.201610071316]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller.call(SafeMethodCaller.java:79)[98:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.9.0.201610071316]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller.call(SafeMethodCaller.java:63)[98:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.9.0.201610071316]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.events.OSGiEventManager.dispatchESHEvent(OSGiEventManager.java:188)[98:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.9.0.201610071316]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.events.OSGiEventManager.handleEvent(OSGiEventManager.java:163)[98:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.9.0.201610071316]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.events.OSGiEventManager.handleEvent(OSGiEventManager.java:146)[98:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.9.0.201610071316]
	at org.apache.felix.eventadmin.impl.handler.EventHandlerProxy.sendEvent(EventHandlerProxy.java:415)[3:org.apache.karaf.services.eventadmin:4.0.4]
	at org.apache.felix.eventadmin.impl.tasks.HandlerTask.run(HandlerTask.java:90)[3:org.apache.karaf.services.eventadmin:4.0.4]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)[:1.8.0_65]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)[:1.8.0_65]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)[:1.8.0_65]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)[:1.8.0_65]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)[:1.8.0_65]
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/openhab/core/compat1x/internal/TypeMapper
	at org.openhab.core.events.internal.EventBridge.constructProperties(EventBridge.java:101)
	at org.openhab.core.events.internal.EventBridge.receive(EventBridge.java:135)
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.events.OSGiEventManager$1.call(OSGiEventManager.java:192)
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.events.OSGiEventManager$1.call(OSGiEventManager.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller$CallableWrapper.call(SafeMethodCaller.java:177)
	... 4 more

Is that problem known? Is there a quick solution, eg. removing orphaned files?