"Zipato / Philio PSE02 indoor siren" zwave binding OH1

I’m not sure specifically what this is, but this sort of issue is likely to be caused by having an inconsistent runtime - eg some files from one build, and some from another. You should make sure when updating builds to remove the karaf cache as this might store old versions of bindings.

Doing this here: https://github.com/openhab/openhab-qnap-qpkg/blob/master/shared/openHAB.sh#L139
My script removes the cache and tmp. Finally it replaces the old runtime with the new runtime.

Using the offline package brought it back to life :wink:
Will try #520 when it’s built…

Sending the notification still doesn’t work. New logs are at logs/NotificationTest2/.

If you’re using an offline package, then it’s probably from last night and won’t have the fixes from this morning.

Even if I’m using #520? Ok, I’ll try to reinstall the binding…

You’re right - this was built after my changes, so I guess it’s updated… I’ll have a look at the logs later on…

Can you try changing the item type to a switch. I want to try and establish if the changes I made this morning are really in the version you have.

What I’m looking at is the following line -:

2016-10-08 11:20:21.502 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 25: Command received zwave:device:a831d790:node25:notification_send --> 1
2016-10-08 11:20:21.503 [WARN ] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 25: Command for unknown channel zwave:device:a831d790:node25:notification_send with DecimalType

I want to see if the same warning shows up if the type is OnOffType or if there’s a different error (or nothing)…

Well, I thought of the problem I had before with the missing channel and alternatively tested first what happens if I recreate the thing. Good news: It works, but got one criticism: The notification_send channel doesn’t reset itself.

So when I try to send the same notification again, OH2 doesn’t see any difference and doesn’t resend the notification.
Therefore I would suggest to use “0” if there is not notification_send in progress and when choosing a number, it sends the notification and resets again. This way OH2 should see whether there is a new notification to send or not.
At the moment when choosing “2” (access control) it still stays at “2”.

There will never be a “notification_send in progress” though.

Maybe you should use autoupdate=false in the item definition - I think that’s the standard way to solve this sort of issue. I’m not sure if it’s wise to do this in the binding itself as if someone else wants a different strategy (eg they want to know what command was sent) then it will not be possible.

Many thanks, Chris, for developing this. I really appreciate it!

So I´ve added this in my item list:

Number    Sirene2    "Sirene2"    { zwave="18:command=notification_send, autoupdate=false" }

Sitemap

Switch item=Sirene2    

Selection item=Sirene2 mappings=[1="SMOKE", 2="CONTROL", 3="BURGLAR", 4="AL_1", 5="AL_2", 6="AL_3"]                

So in the first step I select the alarm type and then I switch ON.
In the logfile appears

unknown command received "TOGGLE"

Do I have to map “TOGGLE” somewhere?

BTW: in the logfile I see

2016-10-10 20:33:41.569 [ERROR] [i.internal.GenericItemProvider] - Binding configuration of type ‘zwave’ of item ‘Sirene2‘ could not be parsed correctly.
org.openhab.model.item.binding.BindingConfigParseException: command=notification_send, autoupdate=false is not a valid argument.

Again, it seems that you are still using OH1 instead of OH2.
In OH2 your devices are managed by openHAB in a database.
Converting your setup into a OH2 setup should be very easy and don’t expect that any/much changes will go into the zwave binding (v1).
As I stated in a PM, I would suggest to jump into the latest snapshot or wait for the next OH2 beta.

Regards

Sorry - I missed these few posts…

Big oops on my side… I’ve actually only added this for OH2, so maybe you want to ‘unappreciate’ it ;). Maybe Thomas has convinced you to try OH2 so it might be ok - sorry for the confusion.

Thanks!

I think, I have to do the step, although I would like to wait for a stable major release instead of Beta.

As my installation is “productive” I would like to keep OH1 until major release of OH2.
Could you kindly update OH1´s configs and binding in the same manner, so I can test.
Supposing there are still thousands of people using OH1!

PS: anyway, I appreciate your great work on this project! It´s an exciting challenge to build a “smart home” with OpenHAB. Unfortunatelly I´m not a software developer, so many things are not really clear for me.

I’m afraid that at the moment I don’t have time to add this into the OH1 binding as I’ve got too much work on the OH2 binding - sorry.

Yes, this is true I’m sure, but not so many that require this particular function…

Ok, will wait.

Anyway… Thank you!

Gentlemen, I also bought the same siren and have same problems to get different sounds in OpenHab1

@Christian_Andersen: Have you already implemented this and it works for you? Please share your config if possible.

@alex_alexandroff22: no, this was fixed for OH2 binding only, so waiting for implementation for the OH1 binding.