"Zipato / Philio PSE02 indoor siren" zwave binding OH1

Hey Chris, were you probably able to add this feature to OH1?

Thanks!

No - I didn’t plan to add this to OH1 - sorry.

oh…too sad…
anyway, thanks

sorry @chris pulling up this old topic

the Dlink Siren is a clone and based on the Philio
–> http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/330#endpoints

The “notification_send” channel is not available also “ADD” is in the Alarm Class to actually force that channels.
The other 2 channels configure in alarm class are there.

I think actually there could be
a) individual channels for every event type?
b) or a generic “notification_send” like for the philio

thanks for shedding some light on me!

Sorry - I’m not completely sure I understand what you mean by this?

If you mean that the notification_send is missing, then you should be able to add it. If the device is the same as the other device, and the other one works, then just use the same settings and I guess it will also work?

my bad… yes … and Iwas wondering why it is not working…

unfortunately I looked in paper ui… which does not show the same channels as habmin…
habmin looks correct… sorry for the confusion…

so
a) not sure why channels differ from paper to habmin
b) wondering if I can split the different events from “notification_send” (6 different sounds) to 6 channels with 1 event each? → If thst would work I think that could be easier for unexperienced users?

I also don’t know the answer to that - very strange :confused:.

I’m not sure I agree that would be easier? In a sitemap, you should be able to simply create a list that allows you to select the sound. I would think that having 6 different channels starts to get messy doesn’t it?

I think you need these sound only/mostly in rules and not on a sitemap

→ fire → sound 1
→ burglar → sound 2
→ whatever → sound 3

thought it might be easier to send an ON command to a dedicated switch item “burglaralarm”, “firealarm” etc…
I might be wrong and its just easier in my mind :wink: :wink:

But even in rules, isn’t it easy to simply use a single “make a sound” item, and then set the value to 1, 2, 3 etc? Otherwise if you want to use different sounds, you need to use a case/if statement with 6 options to select the appropriate item to make the sound?

ok - its fine for me. In general it works as expected.
I want to test a little more tomorrow.
especially currently I created a number item with “notification_send”. need to find out how to abort the sound in that case :slight_smile: haven’t tested in detail if the switch also turns on automatically or if setting to an invalid number mutes it…