Zooz ZSE29 v2 include trouble

Thanks, I’ll give it a try. Yesterday I did attempt to remove the ghost nodes through Habmin (set them to failed, then remove from controller), but when I delete the thing then search, they all show up in the Inbox again. I also tried the Zensys Tool in the past and it refused to delete these nodes as well. I haven’t tried the Silicon Labs tool though, so I’ll give it a shot and report back.

The SiLabs tool worked! Finally a way to delete these ghost nodes, thanks for the pointer!

However, now that I’ve removed the ghost nodes, I still am unable to configure the Association Groups for this Zooz sensor. OH just refuses to set anything in the “group_1” or “group_2” fields. It’s not even that it gets to the device since it’s asleep most of the time. The device config the fields in OH stay blank after modifying, there’s no pending change like for other fields. Is there something else I can try?

I decided to try one more exclude and include now that the ghost nodes are cleaned up. Everything worked correctly this time and I was also able to configure the lifeline Association Group. Now the sensor works like it should!

Thanks everyone for your help and ideas! In the end I think the problem was a confluence of separate issues that made this more trouble than it should have been. However, I learned some things along the way and can better troubleshoot this kind of thing in the future. I really appreciate all the work that goes into developing and supporting OH.

2 Likes

That is the type of solution we strive to provide here. Too many people want to be spoon-fed a complete solution to copy. Thee then have no idea how to troubleshoot or modify the configuration.

This message indicates that there was something wrong with the initialisation since hte association group is unknown. You would need to reinitialise the device to recover this - there is an option to do this in the thing configuration.

1 Like

Thanks Chris, that’s a good tip.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.