Zwave 2.4 + heatit thermostat

Hi,

I’m trying to get a heatit thermostat to properly work with my setup. I had it working a while ago but have since made changes by including new devices / upgrading the binding etc. and now it does not fully work.

I have 3 attached channels, and then reflect the current state of the thermostat if I change manually on the device.

What I cannot get to work is changing the setpoint. I have:

String Bathroom_Heating_Overview "Bathroom [%s]" 
Number Bathroom_Heating_Current  "Heating - Bathroom - Current [%.1f °C]"   (gTemperatures, gFF_Bathroom) { channel="zwave:device:512:node6:sensor_temperature" }
Number Bathroom_Heating_Mode     "Heating - Bathroom - Mode"                (gTemperatures, gFF_Bathroom) { channel="zwave:device:512:node6:thermostat_mode" }
Number Bathroom_Heating_Target   "Heating - Bathroom - Target [%.1f °C]"    (gTemperatures, gFF_Bathroom) { channel="zwave:device:512:node6:thermostat_setpoint_heating" }

When using a sitemap to change Bathroom_Heating_Target I get the following in the log:

10:02:58.297 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 6: Command received zwave:device:512:node6:thermostat_setpoint_heating --> 18
10:02:58.300 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 6: No converter set for command zwave:device:512:node6:thermostat_setpoint_heating type DecimalType

I am using the latest zwave 2.4.0 binding installed through PaperUI. openHAB is version 4.1.5

Would appreciate any help on getting this resolved

Cheers, Adam

This is quite a long thread, over a long time, but it might be of use if it’s the same version as you have.

Thanks Chris. I have a previous version, TF016 with firmware 1.8.

What does the error message mean? It’s the same channel link that gives me the correct reading, but does not allow writes.

It has supported writes in the past

Have you tried defining the setpoint as Number:Temperature ?
That works for me on the Z-TRM2 on the 2.4 snapshot binding.

You mean the “No converter set” - it probably means you are sending the wrong type of command - probably you have not configured your system locale so that it sends the correct UoM?