ZWave 2.5.0-SNAPSHOT - Latest OpenHab2 - Can't Scan for Z-Wave any longer?

So,

I’m using the same ZWave 2.5.0 Snapshot JAR from Chris’ site, and it’s been working fine (still does). But tonight I decided to update OpenHab2 to it’s latest snapshot, and now I’ve noticed I can no longer SCAN for ZWave devices. ZWave is missing from the SCAN list in both PaperUI and HABmin…

I noticed if I add the ZWave addon using the GUI, I have the option. But when using the manual JAR, I do not. Is there a newer JAR I need? ZWave Security is in use in my network. The latest one added from the GUI seems to constantly go on and offline… Only the manual JAR i’ve been using for a little while now (even re-downloaded it directly) is stable.

Thoughts? Ideas?

-Lenny

Do not use the development snapshot from Chris’s site unless directed by him. I believe the current file there is a very old snapshot
The best way today to get the current binding would be to install Milestone 6
Release candidate 1 will be released tomorrow though.

I tried finding the M6 JAR, but failed… Is there a link you can provide?

I must also mention, I’m using openhabian… Seems to be fully updated… Do I need to do a complete redo?

I’m using openhabian in SNAPSHOT mode too… Do I need to go back to STABLE?

there is a menu option in OpenHABian to select testing versions. That will then permit you to update to Milestone 6. I think the release candidate will appear in that same repo. The release version of 2.5 is scheduled for December 15.

Sweet, thanks!

downgrading openhab2 from 2.5.0~S1773-1 to 2.5.0~M6-1 currently…

Now getting lots of errors, lol…

javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Asynchronous processing not supported on Servlet 2.x container.
Caused by: javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Asynchronous processing not supported on Servlet 2.x container.
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Asynchronous processing not supported on Servlet 2.x container.

May have to revert back to snapshot

Now as 2.5M6 installs (which is what you get if you install “testing” from openHABian) are fine, and snapshot releases (which you said you had been using) include the latest version of Chris’ zwave binding, I’m wondering if you probably have installed anything on top (such as a jar maybe?) to cause all of this.
Either way, try clearing the cache before changing back to snapshots.

Also remove any jar files such as zwave and stream from your addons folder