Zwave Aeotec aërQ Temperature & Humidity (ZW039)

Hi,

I’m new here and hope anyone can help me.

Openhab-version: 3.2.0
Binding: zwave

I have a new device aërQ Temperature & Humidity (ZW039). I can integrate in my network, I get data in items. Looks good so far. But. if I try to configure it in Things. I get always “Please review the configuration and correct validation errors” see screenshot.

As per manual the 0 is correct, because its the default value.

Note from Manual:

Parameter 255:  Reset Parameter
This parameter helps reset configuration parameters and the device to factory defaults. 
Size: 4 Byte, Default Value: 0

Setting
Description
1 – 4294967294
Reset all Parameter settings to their default settings. 
4294967295	Completely factory reset sensor and send device reset locally notification.

I found an jar file: /tmp/mvn/org/openhab/addons/bundles/org.openhab.binding.zwave/3.2.0/org.openhab.binding.zwave-3.2.0.jar
it looks like this is the zwave binding, this contains a file “OH-INF/thing/aeotec/zwa039_2_0.xml” which looks like the parameter file. in there:

<parameter name="config_255_4" type="integer" groupName="configuration"
                 min="1" max="4294967294">
        <label>255: Reset Parameter</label>
        <description><![CDATA[
This parameter helps reset configuration parameters and the device to factory defaults.<br /> <h1>Overview</h1><p>This parameter helps reset configuration parameters and the device to factory defaults. Setting 1 – 4294967294 =  Reset all Parameter settings to their default settings, Setting 4294967295 = Completely factory reset sensor and send device reset locally notification.<br /></p>
        ]]></description>
        <default>0</default>
        <limitToOptions>false</limitToOptions>
      </parameter>

Looks strange to me because default = 0, but min = 1.

Same problem on parameter config_5_2; config_7_1; config_8_1

I tried to change this min value in this file, but this does not help.
Is it possible to disable the plausibility check? How can I Update the database or only this file? https://www.opensmarthouse.org/ is linking to this forum.

Hope You can understand my problem.

Many Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the openHAB community!

Updating your version of the Z-Wave Binding to the latest Z-Wave Binding snapshot should solve your problem:

The current Z-Wave database entries for ZWA009 and ZWA039 look OK to me. They were last changed on 2021-12-20 (ZWA039) and the changes probably didn’t make it into 3.2.0.

For details please read

1 Like

Many thanks to you. Your solution is working fine. Now I can check if I can use this Sensor with the Radiator Thermostat. This should be easy. But we will see :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.