Zwave Aeotec Multisensor 6 - UV Light

I have recently added a Aeotec Mulisensor 6 and added all variables to my house.items file. Everything works except UV radiation, which always shows 0. Is there something wrong with this:

Number FrontDoorLumUV “Front Door Luminance UV: [UV index %d]” (OS_Outside,Zwave) { zwave=“5:command=sensor_multilevel,sensor_type=27” }

I have one of these as well, and if you have it inside, it will probably always read 0, and that is accurate. Put it in direct sunlight, and you should get different readings. UV exposure in most lighting situations other than sunlight is minimal. Also, most glass windows and doors reduce UV exposure as well.

UV info: https://www.epa.gov/sunsafety/uv-index-scale-1

As you can see, you don’t want any UV in your house :wink:

As I remember the default setting doesn’t report ultraviolet, unfortunately i don’t remember where i’ve read it and i can’t find the manual anymore… There is some setting that needs to be configured to report ultraviolet if i’m not mistaken. I read it, stored it somewhere in my brain in case i might need ultraviolet, but as of now i’m happy without…

I tried setting it up to report ultra violot.
Even when moving the sensor outside, it always showed 0.

I have group 1 periodic reports set to 241. This is parameter 101. I also have the report interval for group 1 set at 60s. Parameter 101 is the important one, so this is what you tried to set, and to that value?