Zwave association to a multi-endpoint node

I just upgraded to:

ii  openhab2                       2.1.0~20170519040644-1           all          openhab2
ii  openhab2-addons                2.1.0~20170519040644-1           all          openhab2-addons
ii  openhab2-addons-legacy         2.1.0~20170519040644-1           all          openhab2-addons-legacy

But there is no difference. I cannot choose the endpoint in habmin.

Hi,

I don’t know exactly is it similar problem, but I notice same behaviour with Fibaro Door sensor FGK 101.

In habMIN at zwave map I see this sensor as not connected. When I check the properties in associating groups, I see the openhab controller at first group.

But in PaperUI when I want to check it associating group is empty. When I choose the openhab controller, I cannot save. Parameter 70 - Scene activation functionality - is underline at red, and suggestion is to change form 0.
But in Fibaro manuals there is 0 assign as no scene activation.

In logs I can see some WARN lines regarding this node:

[class.ZWaveMultiInstanceCommandClass] - NODE 11: Originating Command Class ALARM (0x71) was on the root node.<

Is it something known? What should I do to include fully this sensor.

Edit:
I use last snapshot for openhab and addons.
thx

1 Like

I’m not sure I understand exactly what you are doing but if you are trying to set associations through PaperUI then this doesn’t work and you should use Habmin.

The network map does not provide a reliable view of the network in the current version- it’s only really working on the development version so don’t worry about that.

This is only working in the development version at the moment. I’ll see if I can add it to master.

Ah. I thought the snapshot version is development :wink: I must have mixed up the terminology there.

If you could add this feature to master then, that would be great.
Thanks a lot!

Thanks Chirs

That’s give a bit more light on it :smile:

Openhab works at latest development (Snapshot release) version.
I add via habMIN all devices, but only one in PaperUI shows that one parameter (Fibaro door sensor no. 70) is wrongly set up.

The only open point which interesting me a bit is why this one sensor gives warn log “on the root node”. I thought that this is due to fact that it seems like this sensor, when looking for zwave map, is not connected.

I have few of Fibaro device and this one is only one which report strangely

[WARN ] [class.ZWaveMultiInstanceCommandClass] - NODE 11: Originating Command Class SENSOR_MULTILEVEL (0x31) was on the root node.

But it works more or less correct :slight_smile:

Hello!

I have nearly the same scenario.
I am using 2 multisensors and have a double relay switch. I want to associate both sensors to each relay of the switch. How is this possible?

Regards
Oliver

Hello Chris,

is it still in development?
Updated to 2.2 and still can´t choose the second endpoint of a node.

Thanks in advance…
Oliver

The development version should have this - it should provide a list of all known endpoints. This will hopefully be merged into master soon.

Hello Chris,

thanks for your fast reply…hope it will come soon.

Regards
Oliver

Hi there it´s me again… :grin:

Today i switched to the unstable version and i am now on openHAB 2.3.0 Build #1219.
I can´t see more nodes as before. Nothing really changed for me. One thing i recognized is, that
i now can set the association directly through the Paper UI and saving will work.

But no new endpoints in Paper UI or HABmin. Any ideas?

Thx in advance…
Oliver

I’d suggest to try the development version which is available in the marketplace.

Hi Chris,

do you have update about it?

To use multi-channel feature is very important.

Thanks in advanced.

No - there is no further update. If you are having problems, please can you describe what the issue is?

Hi Chirs,

I would to associate on a device the second device multichannel of other device via HubMin

For example i have two FGS-222-EN-A-v1.1, when I press IN-S1 i would to play the OUT-Q2 in the second one.

In the HabMin i can associate only the root second device, so only the first out.

image.png

That seems strange. HABmin should list all endpoints for all devices that have “user controllable” command classes.

I’m assuming you are using a recent binding? Please can you confirm the version?

My version is:

217 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.3.0 │ HABmin User Interface

In “Association groups” I can see only one device (root) for object.

node 15 is multichannel device …

What version of the binding are you running? As I’ve said a number of times above, this needs to use a new binding, and if you are really only using 2.3, which is quite old, this is not supported!

Good news!

I have update to last version habmin and zwave binding and now I can to use the multichannel devices.

HabMin 2.4 M4

Zwave Binding 2.4 M4

Thanks Chirs

1 Like

Hello,

It seems that I have the same issue in OH3 (3.1.0). I have a Multi Sensor Aeotec ZW100 That I want to associate with a Fibaro FGS224 at endpoint 2. But I can’t see endpoints, but only node.

Thank you for support,