ZWave Binding - Aeotec Wall Mote Channel issue

What channel are you sending to? You list a bunch of channels above, but then in the rule it seems to send to KitchenBarDim1 - what is that as it doesn’t seem to be one of the channels you’ve listed.

The rules etc are executed on the main OH3 system, it sends the commands/updates via MQTT to the OH2.5 server.

The item is bound to the dimmer

Ok, can you provide a log showing this rule being triggered?

I know it is, because as soon as I change the rule from triggering KitchenBarDim1 (a dimmer item) to BedroomSw1 (a switch item) it works perfectly.

Working:

08:15:02.540 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Ensuite_AeoButton_Scene changed from 4.0 to 3.0
08:15:02.547 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ChannelTriggeredEvent] - mqtt:broker:broker:remote-updates triggered Garage/out/BedRoom2Sw1/command#ON
08:15:02.552 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent     ] - Item 'BedRoom2Sw1' received command ON
08:15:02.559 [INFO ] [arthome.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - BedRoom2Sw1 predicted to become ON
08:15:02.563 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - BedRoom2Sw1 changed from OFF to ON

Not Working

08:15:40.693 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Kitchen_AeoButton_Scene changed from 3.0 to 1.0

I can bet you, if I created a switch item and bound it to the thing, it would work fine (as it did for 2 years)

The work around, is to implement numbers instead of ON/OFF, because that doesn’t work

if item.state > 0 etc with the send command being 100

Not ideal, there must be something broken in the way ON/OFF commands are issued to dimmers

I need to see a debug log showing what the binding is receiving.

I’m also suspicious that you’re linked to the wrong channel - this says “scene” - or is that just your naming? I thought you were sending a dimmer command?

I would very much doubt it as I don’t think there have been any changes for a very very long time. I’ll keep an open mind, but I need to see logs to understand what it is you’re actually sending to the binding as it’s very unclear to me I’m afraid. If you aren’t sending to the right channel, then it won’t work and I think if ON OFF commands no longer worked in the ZWave binding, there would likely be a lot more people commenting on this.

Please can you also advise exactly what device it is you have - ie provide the dbReference property.

So … the action is on a remote box, there’s not much point looking at stuff on ‘this’ box?

Or perhaps there is - how/what are you sending to the remote box?

1 Like

I missed this reference to different systems being used - well spotted :+1: It seems there’s a bit more at play here than meets the eye…

I show you the item is linked to the dimmer item, see above

?

Treat us like dimwits. What Item?
So far as I can make out, you have an Item KitchenBarDim1 and it “doesn’t work” when you send it ON/OFF commands.
It seems to be a Dimmer type Item, but we haven’t seen the actual definition of it yet.

This is very confusing. Can you clarify where the Item that doesn’t work is located? Can you clarify what that Item is linked to?

I’m afraid I can’t see this - please can you show the specific line. Currently I only see links for scene_number, battery-level and the switch_startstop1 channels. There is nothing here for a dimmer channel - or even an item that has the name dimmer in it so excuse me if I’m slightly confused.

Huh?

Are my links not working. It’s clear as day in the screenshot of the ITEM name linked to the DIMMER channel. If you can’t see it then there must be a forum issue not displaying the images I’m posting.

KitchenIslandDim1 - DIMMER TYPE

/*ZWave Dimmer for Kitchen Bar Light */
Dimmer KitchenBarDim1 "Kitchen Bar [%d %%]"                            (gAllDimmers,PubItems_UPD)                                           { channel="zwave:device:12c97eda:node5:switch_dimmer" }
Number KitchenBarNum1 "Kitchen Bar - Current Consumption [%.1f W]"     (gAllLightsUsage,gEnergyRealTime,PubItems_UPD)                       { channel="zwave:device:12c97eda:node5:meter_watts" }
Number KitchenBarNum2 "Kitchen Bar - Usage [%.1f kW]"                  (gPowerUsage,PubItems_UPD)                                           { channel="zwave:device:12c97eda:node5:meter_kwh" }

I wanted to see how the channel was linked, and you had not previously provided this. The image is working fine, but you hadn’t provided the information until now.

This is what I wanted to see - so it is linked to switch_dimmer channel. Now we just need to see the log :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes I did, Post #22 . Shows the item linked with the channel

That’s a channel, not shown in post 22 screenshot.

Chris is waiting on your logs for node 5 misbehaving now.

It shows the same damn thing!!! forget it.

Sorry, but that’s quite different as shown in the image above (edit: To be clear - it shows the item, but it does not show the channel and from the binding perspective, it’s the channel that is important as the binding knows nothing about items - only channels).

Anyway, we now see the channel information. Please can you provide the log showing what happens when you try to send a command to it - I’ve still not seen this, and it’s really impossible to comment on what’s happening without this.