ZWave binding for Zwave.Me ZMEE05434 send command fails

I would say the issue is that your device is a switch (right?) but the 5433 that it is detected as is showing as a dimmer. The question is why and I’m not sure how to resolve this - we need to work out the difference between the 5433 and 5434 - what the different codes are (device type/id) etc. We really need to try and understand this at least a little before we go and change things.

Hi Chris,

yes it is a switch.
Ok, so what would be the next steps?What can I do or how can I support you?

Why does the devolo controller work with this device? Can we somehow sniff what the devolo controller is doing?

Thanks
Markus

We need to understand what the codes are for the 5433 and the 5434 - ie the different device type/id pairs. Maybe you can take a look around the web (eg the zwaveproducts site and pepper1 database) to see what these show.

It will also work fine with OH if we define the correct channels - it’s not a difficult issue, but at the moment OH defines the channels in the database, so if the database is wrong, then there’s an issue and we need to resolve this issue.

So, first question is what product codes these two devices use. Once we know that we can add a new device for the 5434. See what you can find…

This won’t help - I know what the devolo is doing - we just need to get the database correct for this device.

Hi Chris,

In the internet I find devices like ZME_05434 or ZME_06434 but all the xml I could find in pepper db is:
ZME_05431, this seems to be the BINARY SWITCH (xml enlosed 144-0115-1000-0001-06-03-16-01-06_ZME_05431.xml (24.0 KB)
)

Product Name:	Flush-Mountable Switch v1.3
Brand Name:	Z-Wave.Me
Product Code:	054313Z
Hash Weak:	04-10-01
Hash Strong:	0115-1000-0001-06-03-16-01-03
Manufacturer:	Z-Wave.Me (0x0115)
Product Type ID:	0x1000
Product ID:	0x0001

The other device ZME_05433 seems to be the dimmer (xml enclosed 145-0115-1000-0002-06-03-16-01-06_ZME_05433.xml (30.3 KB)

Product Name:	Flush-Mountable Dimmer v1.6
Brand Name:	Z-Wave.Me
Product Code:	054336Z
Hash Weak:	04-11-01
Hash Strong:	0115-1000-0002-06-03-16-01-06
Manufacturer:	Z-Wave.Me (0x0115)
Product Type ID:	0x1000
Product ID:	0x0002

But it seems as both devices ZME_05431 and ZME_05433 already exist in your DB.
I cannot find any XML for ZME_05434, i guess it is similar to ZME_05431.

Is this what you need?

Another fact that might help. When I start ozwcp the web UI identifies this node as follows (as BINARY_SWITCH and this tool can switch on/off the device)

Node Id 	Basic Type 	Generic Type 	        Product 	Name 	Location 	Value 	Last Heard 	Status
12 LBR	        Routing Slave	Binary Power Switch	Popp / Duwi Unknown: type=1000, id=0009	Lichtschalter Me	Mediaraum	off	00:46:26	Ready

Would that mean that in your DB is a device with ID 1000.0009 missing? Why is the binding choosing the dimmer?
Cheers Markus

Hi,

would it help if I create a new device in your DB with device type id 1000:0009 ?

If I create that item in the DB, how does this information will by synced with my OH instance? Is this done automatically or do I need to upgrade the binding (how? switch to snapshot repository?)

Thanks
Markus

Hi,

I wanted to create a new device with type id pair 1000.0009, but it already exists and describes a dimmer. I uploaded my xml that was created by OH2 and the system showed this conflict and informed me that a review has to be done (probably by you?)

So,
I tried ti gather all infos I could get… Does this (my last 3 posts) help you? Can u go on?

Thnaks
Markus

Hi Chris,
@chris

again it’s mor than 2 weeks since your last reply.
I got so many questions, and tried to gather all infos you asked for.
Could you have a look?

Thanks
Markus

Sorry - it’s difficult to keep track of things on the forum. Please can you create a ticket on my website and I’ll take a look at this when I get home at the weekend.

My concern is that clearly someone else has created a device with this type/id - I assume it is created from an XML file, and if its different than your device, then the conflict can not easily be rectified.

Hi Chris (@chris),

ok, I’ll understand. I’m looking forward to your response.
I’ll try to open a ticket on your web site.

Meanwhile: Can u give me some general tips, please?

1. How / when are the device informations from your CD-DB synced with my OH2 instance? Is this done automatically (online) or is each release of the binding associated with a specific snapshot of the DB? (Aka do I need a newer binding snapshot to get updates from the device DB?)
  2. My PI3 crashed completely and I had to re-setup everything from scratch. This time I decided to use the PI3 image “openhabian”. Now I got zwave binding 2.0.0. and much more devices are not recognized… that used to work before. I somehow remember, that I did have already a 2.1.0 version of OH2, is this possible?
  3. What would you recommend to use, 2.0.0, , or a later release, or snapshot release? in order to get a zwave binding that runs with a wider range of devices?
  4. In OH zwave doc there is a sentence “zwave binding can be added as secondary controller” to OH2. Can u give me some hints how to do that?

Thanks
Markus

It isn’t ‘synced’ as such - you will need to update to the recent snapshot to get the updated database. IF you’re using the snapshot runtime, then that’s really easy - just uninstall and re-install the binding.

You were probably using the snapshot in the past, where now you’re probably using the release version (so 2.0 is the release, and 2.1-snapshot is the nightly build).

Personally, I would suggest to use the snapshot. I know some people don’t like running the snapshot, and it can have nasty side-effects if someone breaks something, but it does mean you’re up to date… It’s up to you though - it’s always a risk to upset the family :wink:

I’m not sure where that is written. Personally I wouldn’t do this - secondary controllers have limited use (IMHO) because a number of parts of ZWave can only communicate with a single controller (eg wakeup command class, lifeline groups etc). However, if you want to do this then you need to include your controller into an existing network with another controller.

Hi CHris,

thanks a lot for the information.
Did/Will you have a chance to look on this issue with the double type ids this weekend?

Thanks
Markus