Hi everyone. I know there are lots of similar threads with this issue and I’ve been through many of them but it doesn’t seem to help. They all have a bit of a different setup and therefore I’m not sure if it applies to me or not.
I’m running openhab2 on ubuntu 16.04 machines. I actually have multiple of these running in a classroom environment. I am a linux beginner and learning as I go.
When I first setup the zwave binding with the Aeotec Z-Stick, it would not connect to the z-stick at all. I finally got this working by changing user permissions to the tty and dialout groups but I find odd is that on one PC, I added the openhab user and it worked but the other it didn’t. For the second pc, I finally tried to add the local user account in the group and that ended up working. I have no idea why one worked with openhab and the other needed the local user account. Both installations were identical with the same steps.
Now I’m trying to add a few devices to my network and running into multiple issues.
I have a Jasco dimming lamp module that seems to work fine as long as I can get connected to the Z-Stick which is the first problem.
When I restarted my PC, the binding would get uninstalled. I had to re-install and my devices would appear again. I fixed that by adding zwave to the bindings=…,zwave in the addons.cfg file. BUT now when I reboot the binding stays installed but the z-stick isn’t getting connected. I get an error and the z-stick is offline along with all my devices. If I uninstall the binding and re-install, it works fine.